Pouch test

LindaScrip
on 1/7/09 7:04 am
What is the pouch test? At the risk of feeling stupid how is it done? and all of that stuff.
Liz R.
on 1/7/09 7:48 am - Easton, PA
go to your favorite search engine and search "5 day pouch test" that will give you the specifics. As an overview - it is a back to basics. Day 1 & 2 is "full liquids", day 3 is pureed foods, day 4 is soft foods and day 5 is "regular" foods. IT is used to get that "tight" feeling back to your pouch and break the addiction to carbs for some.

IT isn't easy by any means but can be effective depending on how far out you are.

Best of luck!

Liz
LindaScrip
on 1/7/09 7:59 am
Liz I read it on google and sounds like you go back to the very beginning of when you first had the surgery. Can you actually "feel" your pouch? And if thats the case I am guessing that the people who have regained weight are suppose to do that? I am learning so much that I did not know before last saturday's meeting and before going on OH . I am amazed at that ah hah moment.
Pam Hart
on 1/7/09 10:11 am - Easton, PA
It isn't necessarily for people who have gained weight or whatever...I have done it.  Not as a "diet" mentality but when I was straying off course...before I gained weight back but realized I was headed down a slippery slope.

Can you "feel" your pouch?  To a degree, yes.  That feeling that you get when you've eaten to much...where you feel over full or nauscious....or however you describe it.  The pouch test DOES bring you back to the very beginning.  And it eliminates carbs such as crackers, bread, pretzels...all those things that taste so good, go down so easily, and can reek havock in our weight loss.

Many people notice by going through the stages and then "ending up" on just dense protein...you are more "in touch" with portion sizes, feeling full, and even end up being able to eat less while feeling more satisfied.

Like I said...I did it to break some bad habits I was getting into.  And very well may do it again soon....because I snack on carbs and what not, too...and actually noticed tonight I was drinking with my meals.  I honestly have no idea when I started that.  It wasn't much..but enough.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 1/7/09 10:23 pm - PA
Here's the web site.  It can be a resource to re-acquaint yourself with your pouch/tool.

k

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/
LindaScrip
on 1/7/09 11:48 pm
there are times when I am eating a meal and catch myself reaching for my drink and say to myself "Linda, you can't do that" its a hard habit to break.  I am going to go back on protein drinks for a couple of days because I feel like the scale hasn't moved for 2 weeks and see what happens.  Thanks for the info ladies.  Have a great day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views