I wonder....

LindaScrip
on 1/7/09 6:30 am
I wonder what the infamous Dr. Phil has to say about Oprah's show because he seems to have zero tolerance for people with weight.  He always said that there is no excuse for it.
LisaAC
on 1/7/09 6:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Phil is an ass.  He just judges everybody and hawks his wares.  Money grubber as well.  And if he can't find a story, he makes one up.  I read a post some years back on a fat acceptance board, in which the woman told of her experience with Dr. Phil's show.  She was invited on to discuss fat acceptance, but was instead made to look like a fool.  He wanted to show how mean people were to her, so had her walk down a busy street...well, nobody bothered her, so his people paid a few folks to taunt her for the cameras!  He judges how people live their lives and throws around glib comments.  Despicable man.

Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
LindaScrip
on 1/7/09 7:09 am
well Lisa I'm glad to see that I am not by myself on my opinion on the good Dr Phil.  I wonder why Oprah gave him his own show.  I would rather watch Rachel Ray any day of the week. I can just picture him turning around to his long-suffering Robin when Oprah was on Monday and saying to her "there is just not excuse" Its men like him...
Liz R.
on 1/7/09 7:54 am - Easton, PA
has teh man looked in the mirror? I don't exactly remember him being thin and trim... I can't stand people who are so judgemental. Everyone is entiled to their opinion - but I don't need to hear such negative ones on national TV!
LindaScrip
on 1/7/09 8:34 am
He's just not negative, judgementa, he seems like he has no tolerance for anyone or anything.  I'm surprised that no one has ever told him off on his show. I wonder how many erasers he has used on his pencils? Have a great night.
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/09 10:47 pm
Well I bought and read Dr. Phil's book on weight loss and the other one on how to find love...In the end I was still fat and single plus out 50 bucks...SO I will stick with my new way of doing things.
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/09 12:22 am - Eastern, PA
He's very into his merchandise sales to be sure, BUT I have to say that most of what he says to his guests makes absolute sense.

It's clear that parts of the show are dramatized to make for better tv, but I can't say that I've heard him dispense much bad advice. Guy knows what he's talking about.
LindaScrip
on 1/10/09 10:12 am
oh Beth, you are too funny. About buying the book.  The best thing about spring is yard sales and singing birds.  I wonder how many of doc Phil's books we'll find sitting on yard sale tables.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views