Colonix Anyone???

jackie j
on 1/7/09 7:02 am - Glenmoore, PA
Ok, so it's been proven.   I am full of sh*t!   Over the holidays I got a stomach flu (only the 2nd time I've been sick, in any way, since my surgery almost 3 yrs ago; boy it was scary to me).    Anywho...I lost 8.5lbs in 2 days.   I felt fabby!!!!!   I was TOTALLY cleaned out and light and fluffy (good fluffy).    Now, I am wondering if doing a colonic type program every once in a while might not be a bad idea.    I am kindof scared to do anything that has to do with my bowels; I don't want all kinds of things straining to get out and getting twisted in there.   Anybody ever gone to drnatura.com website?   There's some gross, gross stuff that has come out of people pictured there.   Has anyone ever tried detoxifying themselves?  

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Liz R.
on 1/7/09 7:52 am - Easton, PA
I have a good friend that is a health nut that did it once - she said never again. It didn't hurt but it was uncomfortable. I see that as an "exit only' kind of place.

WHen I was out to see Dr Brader when he diagnosed my gall bladder he too told me that I was full of ****! lol LITERALLY! my bowels were very full. He suggested adding a fiber supplement to my vitamins and adding in more fruits and vegetables. I guess that you could also use a laxative once in a while to "clear you out" too.

I'm scared to look at the photos! lol I am feeling sick and nauseous already...

Liz
jackie j
on 1/8/09 12:44 am - Glenmoore, PA

Just an update.   I don't have bowel issues.   This is strictly a "cleansing" regimen that I thought of doing.   My sister died from liver issues that are very possibly genetic we were told and so I'm listening a little more to those that claim you need to clear out toxins every once in a while in hopes that the pancreas, bowels and liver etc. function more healthily.   

The regimen I speak of consists of high fiber supplements, an herbal tea and a parasitic in capsule form that you take for a month.   You still eat your regular diet, it just moves the stored up gunk out of there.    If I get up the nerve to do it, I'll let you all know how it goes.  

I've heard of those that do the inny in the outy to clear themselves, but no thanks.  

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Nicole0216
on 1/7/09 8:58 am - Lancaster, PA
I have a friend that swears by it. I was just wondering if it would be safe for us to do it. If it is I would do it. So many illnesses are connected to poor bowel movements, and now that we have slowed down bowels etc I wonder if we are at higher risk for colon cancer down the line.
Pam Hart
on 1/7/09 10:03 am - Easton, PA
I personally do not like the idea of colon cleansing.  I think it can lead to electrolyte imblances way to quickly for anyone, especially us.  When you lose stool and bowel contents, you lose potassium and sodium big time.  Not to mention the fluid.

That being said....I am also concerned about bowel health and like Nicole said...there's so much to be said about colon cancer and things like that with poor bowel hygiene.  If you don't think you are having good bowel movements on a regular basis...I think there is no harm in adding fiber supplements and an occassional dose of colace or peri colace to ensure you are moving everything along.

And speaking of which...I believe I have the stomach bug.  It started tuesday morning with some looser (much looser) than normal stools....and then today was full blown yucky liquid every time I ate anything.  Good news is except for about one hour this evening, I haven't had much of the cramping or abdominal pain normally assosciated with this bug.  I'm hoping it stays that way.

Glad you are feeling better!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 1/7/09 8:52 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I take a colase (colese?) every other night - it helps keep me regular and Dr Boe and the nuts know about it and said as long as I'm not experiencing any problems there's no reason not to continue. Since surgery I've only had one minor bout of constipation, so I'll stick to my routine.

God we'll share anything on here, won't we!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views