The reactions are always a wow moment....

Lisa H.
on 1/7/09 10:16 pm - Whitehall, PA
I am also really bad about keeping secrets.   I think I have told everyone in the world that I am having surgery.  Only  one person has said that if I go the gym, I would not need it.  I just told her that if that was all it took, that I wouldn't need to go this route, but this is the best thing that I can do for myself.  She then told me that she would support me in my decision and I should go to her gym so we can workout together.    Her gym is too far from my house and I know myself.  I wouldn't go.  As much as I would love to have a steady gym partner, it just wouldn't work out that way.  Everyone else has wished me luck and just told me to be careful. 

I told my GYN the other day and he was SOOO supportive, I was actually shocked.  He just told me to be very careful to follow the rules afterward so I don't waste away.  He reminded me about vitamins and proteins and was very knowledgeable.  That made me feel great!  He even gave me a hug and wished me luck as I was leaving.   Also, when I told him about  the problems I am having with my DH, he said "so you're going to get skinny and leave his ass?!"   I thought that was hysterical.. and admitted that the problems HAVE been long term but just needed confidence to take steps to make my life happy.

The only thing I worry about with being SO open about the surgery is that I will have everyone watching everything that goes in my mouth.  To a point that will be good because that will keep me honest, but at the same time, I'm  sure it will get annoying.

My tracker

hers 

keri2008
on 1/7/09 10:28 pm - PA
Kudos to you Pam!!! To tell or not to tell is such a difficult question.  And the answer may change.  It did for you.  What I am most proud of you for is that you "listened" to yourself.  You were not comfortable sharing at first so you didn't.  Then, you felt you wanted to so you did.  Based on your internal state - not based on anything external, pressure or otherwise.  You taking a stand and being you from the inside.  You go girl!
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/09 10:45 pm
Kudos Pam! You are someone that works the tookl and had amazing results you should be very proud and I think you are settled in enough now at the new job for them to know.
EileenWalton
on 1/8/09 2:47 am
I'm not one bit surprised that you told your co-workers about the surgery.  Like you said, it's who you are.  Yes, we are all very proud of you....but I always got the sense that YOU were proud of YOU, too.  The best part of you is your ability to share and educate.  Why would that change just because of geography??  As medical professionals, I'm sure your co-workers recognize the advantages of a healthy lifestyle v. morbid obesity.  I can't imagine they wouldn't support your decision to have WLS.
Eileen

eclipse1021
on 1/8/09 6:17 pm - Williamstown, NJ
I haven't told my new co-workers, and I don't think I'm going to.  The people at my last job were my friends and were supportive of me through all of my research, right up thru the surgery / recovery etc.  I felt comfortable with them knowing.  Now, especially I gained about 20 lbs back, I'm embarassed to admit that I've failed a little.  I'm trying to get back on track, so once I succeed and feel comfortable in my skin again, maybe I'll let my secret leak.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views