Biggest Loser new season

retta0426
on 1/7/09 9:15 am - Middletown, PA
I started watching the Biggest Loser two seasons ago. When I saw the previews for the season that just started last night, I knew I would watch it again. My heart broke just seeing some of the people get their total weight. Now on Monday night, I was scanning thru the channels, being bored with what was on and found that QVC had Ali from the Biggest Loser on advertising for different products from the show. She was talking about a new book that isn't available yet, it will be available sometime in Feb. As she was talking about this book, she was showing the audience different pages from the book. Well, don't you know there were two pictures of two of the contestants from the season that began last night. I sent a post to the shows message board, asking the higher ups, why would you advertise something that shows the contestants now, and is this thier way of saying who is in the final three? Guess what? They deleted my message and asked me not to put spoilers out on the board! So, now I'm kind of bummed and hoping they weren't right and that those two weren't in the finals. Not that I really know those two, but I like the surprise of the show, to see who does what and how well each contestant does.
I also posted a response to someone elses message about obesity being an addiction. Man did I get slammed!! According to those who don't have a weight problem (of course) all of "us" who are "fat" or obese are nothing but lazy and no there is no such thing as a food addiction.
Needless to say, I said forget it, I'll go back to my friends on OH and get the support from here like I always do.
Nicole0216
on 1/7/09 11:16 am - Lancaster, PA

Proof that Ignorance is Rampant.
I am desperate to know more about the man on the brown team who had
WLS. The dr. mentioned that he had the surgery and did not lose weight and gained more
how can that be?

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/09 1:12 pm - Poconos, PA
Hi Nicole,

My SIL had not 1 but 2 WLS and weighs more now than when she had the 1st surgery. The 1st one she had was RNY but she had stretched her pouch out (although there is much debate on whether or not a pouch can stretch, I have seen the radiology images for myself and it can in fact be done but that's just my opinion based on what I saw) anyways, after some time, her stoma had also stretched and stretched to the point where nothing was staying her pouch. The food just "wooshes" through so anything she eats just passes thru faster than she can get it in. She never has a feeling of fullnes...ever. She could literally eat an entire pizza pie at one sitting and could do so all day long if that gives you a better visual. The number of calories that she can take in on any given day is mind boggling to say the least and honestly, I don't think any amount of malabsorption would be of much help. It's just that bad.

For her 2nd surgery, they placed a Lap Band around her pouch but it didn't do much to help at all. Once in a while she'll get that feeling of fullness but she can still eat a tremendous amount of food compared to what she should be able to. She had had a few fills but it hasn't seemed to help all that much either.

Her surgeon is basically at a loss and doesn't know what more to do for her other than revise her to the DS which I personally think is a huge mistake. A person can not just continue to have WLS until they run out of options. There has to be some sort of accountability on their part and she takes none what so ever. She puts no effort into trying to control her eating or changing her habits in the least. She's one of those people that wants to buy her ticket and then jus****ch the magic happen.

Her situation is rare, I would assume it was anyways but it does in fact happen and I'm sure there are many others that we just never hear about.
retta0426
on 1/7/09 1:33 pm - Middletown, PA
From what I saw, his pouch is the exact size it was shortly after surgery, the size of an egg he said. The doctor showed all the fat around his stomach, it was awful!! The only thing I can think is he didn't use the tool he was given to become a healthier person. The video showed alot of him and his son eating like there was no tomorrow. Did you also catch the dr's comment that "these type surgeries just don't work"? I was yelling at the tv, a tool will only work if you use it properly!! Now mind you, I had been at my mothers work, a hotel, in the lobby watching it and man you should have seen the looks I got! I thought it was funny actually. A few men came over and asked what I was getting so excited about, one asked, what "tool" I was talking about that would make me get that excited, and the whole time, my daughter is sitting there in hysterics.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views