Back 2 Basics - Wednesday!

Liz R.
on 1/6/09 8:03 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all! BE careful out there on that ice - it is hazardous walking!

My food plan today is as follows - guess I should mention too that I am just under 2 years out.

B: HiLo High protein cereal with a banana and soy milk
S: fage yogurt with sf preserves
L: veggie and beef stir fry
S: cheddar cheese and a few whole grain pretzels
D: well Mom might feed me when I stop in there - if not a hamburger and spinach when I get home
S: sf ff pudding made with soy milk

I am already working on 20 ounces of decaf hazelnut coffee with splenda and skim milk then I will move onto getting it at least 64 ounces of water

I plan to do my yoga moves again tonight when I get home to strengthen my back & core. I also have to carry some boxes upstairs and to the basement. I usally try to run up the stairs when I have to do this to get the most out of it.

Make great choices today! You are all doing so well!!

Liz
keri2008
on 1/6/09 8:40 pm - PA
Good Morning all.  Brrrrr and YUCK to the rain, sleet and ice!

B:  wheatena, greek yogurt, scoop of Chike!, nuts and flax seed oil
S:  1/3 banana, 1 cheese stick
L:  2 oz of chicken and shrimp mixed with 1/4 c refried beans and tomatilla sauce
S:  ricotta, scoop of Chike!, nuts and flax seed oil
D:  catfish with pesto veggies
S:  pudding cup and fudgesicle
dit657
on 1/6/09 8:55 pm - Boothwyn, PA

I'm about 10 months out from surgery and this is my plan for the day...

B:  1 c 1% milk (early); Protein bar and banana

S:  Lo-fat stringcheese stick

L:  Soup and grapes (I think - seems like a good day for soup)

S:  Banana

D:  Country rib; salad; beets

S:  ???

E:  30 minutes on bike (or more, depending on how I'm feeling)

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Mary Benford
on 1/6/09 9:50 pm - Emmaus, PA
What are we on here?  Day 3 already!??!

I got in my water yesterday and followed my plan to a T again yesterday!

So far today I've had

2 slices light white bread w/ 1/2 c. egg beaters and cheese
cubed turkey ham and cheese

for the rest of the day I'll be having
4 oz. tuna w/ miracle whip wrapped in lettuce
ricotta cheese w/chocolate pudding mix
some kind of chicken for dinner

I'll get my water in before I have any more coffee!!

Everyone be careful today, it's gross outside!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

LisaAC
on 1/6/09 11:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Yesterday was odd and frustrating for me.  I started off well, with a protein drink and a longish walk, but my hubby took me out for lunch at a wonderful Mexican place.  I got the chicken fajitas - grilled, not greasy, chicken, veg, small tortilla...it went right through me!  Before I even left the damn restaurant.  And even had to stop to use a bathroom on the 10 minute ride home!

My tummy hurt the rest of the day and I felt weak, needed to rest a lot.  I finally had some cheese and a little fruit in the evening.  And a protein bar later, when I couldn't sleep and was hungry.  I got down what liquid I could, but missed a few hours on that even.

This morning, I have had a protein bar and am now having a cup of tea.  I was planning on going to the gym this morning, but am not quite sure, as I've also been having sciatic pain since last night...my body doesn't seem to want to cooperate!!!  And it's really ******g me off!!!

Seeking good energy from anyone who has it to spare...

Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Liz R.
on 1/6/09 11:44 pm - Easton, PA
Lisa - Hope that you are feeling better soon. I know that there are some nasty stomach things going around -they have hit our office and I am praying that I don't get it! Also drinking extra water and having a glass of OJ at night - can't hurt right? Oh and extra hand washing!

Might be a good day to skip the gym for something lighter, maybe a walk while you let your body and back get back in balance. I have some lower back problems and find that yoga helps.

best of luck!

Liz
LisaAC
on 1/7/09 1:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank, Liz.  Yes, I am skipping the gym, but don't know about the walk either.  I went downstairs to get the mail and my leg and lower back really hurt after that...might be a day for rest.  This sucks, as my head is right there ready to exercise!

Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Pam Hart
on 1/7/09 12:19 am - Easton, PA
Well I just woke up from my nap....here's the lose game plan.  I am 14+ mos out

3/4 cup ricotta cheese
2 string cheese
Left over pork for dinner (I decided to finish the left overs and save the steak for tomorrow)

Need to figure out an evening snack yet.
I've already had a 12 ounce glass of decaf crystal lite iced tea and will get in the rest of my fluids.  Although last night at work I did really well with fluids, more so than I normally do.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 1/7/09 12:44 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Trying to get all my calories in..

B: 1/2 cup of Special K, 1/2 cup skim milk

S: Cheese stick, Handful of nuts.

L: Salad w/ cheese and 1 slice of ls ham. cucumbers, ff italian dressing,

S: Yogurt w/ protein mix.

D: Im trying Marys eggrolls. I cant wait for dinner.

Ive had 20oz of liquid so far. Trying my best to get what i need in.

BlancheJackson
on 1/7/09 3:24 am - Butler, PA
Ok..  I am doing really good with the "mostly protein" thing!  Yeah..  I am really craving some popcorn, though! 

I am currently on a cheeseburger omlet craze.. yummy!!! and nearly all protein!!

I get at least one protein shake in a day, and usually a latte too, which is another 15 grams of protein, fat free and sugar free!

Today marked my 3rd consecutive time at Curves... now I know that some of you don't think Curves is enough... but I push the machines and sweat my butt off!!!  Also, it's better than just sitting on my couch in front of the TV, which is what I've been doing!  Can't afford the YMCA or a Gym right now.. so Curves and walking will have to serve the purpose for the moment.  I am feeling better, with more energy already, and that's a plus!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views