***Wednesday Roll Call***

dit657
on 1/6/09 8:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everybody - just rain down my way, thankfully - no ice. Everybody on the roads did take their time, tho - top speed at any given time was 60 - most days its upwards of 80, depending on the a**hole flying around you.

I got country ribs out this morning and have them marinating today to bake tonight - while they're in the oven I'll be hitting the bike again, then dinner, then some more undecorating in the living and dining rooms.

Other than that another quiet day at work - nothing much new there.

Be safe out there...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
MsDeniseinPA
on 1/6/09 9:12 pm - PA
Good Morning All..

Just got back from getting my daughter on the bus for school...no delays here.

Today I have to take my son to speech and then I think I'm going to go to Joanns and get some wool.  I also have to write some checks for Daisy scouts and the nursing home---I hate paying bills.

Tonight my daugther has CCD so while she's there I'll visit my father at the nursing home.

I'm really feeling anxious about going back to work in another week and a half.  I don't want to work full time, but until my DH finds another job (he's getting laid off effective 2/20) I have to work full-time :(
bubble273
on 1/6/09 9:21 pm - Levittown, PA
What's up my peeps on this lousy of a weather hump day??

This morning I have been farting around on the computer.  I did manage to feed Connor some cereal and have to start getting him ready for school today.  He did well with his glasses yesterday and I hope it continues.  He's putting them in his case when he's done wearing them and I have to keep on him to continue doing that or else they'll wind up broken.

After dropping Connor at school, I will come home to get some transcribing done and then I will head down to my office to pick up my paycheck and drop off some exhibits.  I was going to go down straight from dropping Connor off, but I have a feeling 95 is a nightmare right now.  So I think I can wait until after rush hour, around 10:00 or 11:00 to head down.  I know by then I will be safe from traffic.  Well, with 95 you never know.

Then I will come home and do more transcribing and figure something out for dinner.  Tonight is bowling night with Garry.  We've been off for two weeks because of the holiday.  So I'll probably stink the first game, trying to get back into the groove of things.

Well, try to have a good hump day today.  Everyone be careful out there!!!

Karen

Arlene E.
on 1/6/09 9:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA

karen

I am enjoying the updates on Connor's glasses.  When I was teaching for all those years and my kindergarteners would show up with glasses I had to make an enormous fuss about them and encourage them to wear them.  Half the time they snuck them into their bookbags and needless to say it didn' t take long before they broke.  Hopefully his teachers are reminding and praising him for wearing them.  

Have a good day

arlene 

Lisa H.
on 1/6/09 10:23 pm - Whitehall, PA
What a beautiful day for a duck on ice skates.. Luckily I work from home so I don't have to go out in this mess.   My daughter does not have school today and just made plans with a friend for the afternoon.  I will be working until 3:30  today.. nothing much going on.

My husband got laid  off on Monday.   Luckily his insurance is good until the end of  April so I am still good for my surgery. PHEW!!!  He also has callback rights for a year and a half so hopefully he will be called back soon.  It's very strange having him around all the time.

need to find something decent for dinner and will just relax tonight.  still trying to get rid of this cold.  The tickle/cough comes back as soon as the cough medicine wears off.   All this coughing is really causing me a  lot of pain. I'm afraid of breaking a rib.

On a positive note, I went to Gold's and the Bethlehem racquetball club yesterday to get info.  Golds' is actually the cheapest around.. even less than the Y without their January special. hmmm.. I got a free  week's pass for the racquetball club, so I will go there a few times in the next week to try out the equipment.

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 1/7/09 2:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good AFternoon Pam & PA,
Today has me checking in late since I was late getting to work, started the day off with meetings uuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggg, I hate when that happens and I can't sit down and relax for a few after driving south on I95 to get to work.

Just finishing up lunch and remembered I hadn't checked in yet. The rest of my day should be fairly simple from here out. I'm out of here at 4 then home to relax and spend some time with Gene. Have to get my laptop packed up tonight for class tomorrow night.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays dry.

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views