***Wednesday Roll Call***

Liz R.
on 1/6/09 10:34 pm - Easton, PA
I'm jealous! I have a wii but can't find the Wii fit - it's sold out everywhere! I guess after the "resolutionist" get it out of their system I'll be able to find one! lol
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/09 1:37 am - PA
 Yeah, I am right there with you Liz.  I so want a Wii Fit.  My brother and his family just got one for a birthday in November.  I think I enjoyed the yoga exercises the most, but there were some cool skiing ones too.  Also, when you setup your profile on Wii Fit, it calculates your weight, BMI, your center of balance (for better posture), and general muscle strength.  So, I think you can continuously update those measures to track your progress.  Plus, Wii Fit creates these cool 3-D avatars to represent you and your family on the screen -- it was like of us standing in the room looking at ourselves on the big screen.  Very funny.

Ok...so the only totally depressing thing about Wii Fit experience was having all of us create our profiles.  My brother's BMI was almost 41, my sister-in-law about 38, their kids in the overweight category, and me at 38.6.  Ughhh.  My 68 year old mom, who has always struggled with her weight, was the best -- she was just in the overweight category, but she exercises at least  four days a week and eats no more than what RNYers eat.  It was really shocking to be confronted with the reality that obesity is not only a problem for me -- but for my immediate family and almost all of my maternal relatives.  But -- they are working at it -- and I know the Wii Fit is encouraging them to exercise more.

Pam Hart
on 1/7/09 2:40 am - Easton, PA
I have been looking for a wii fit since they came out with no avail.  The reason I have one happens to be one of the most "sentimental" gifts I received this year.

My brother (who granted, is a night owl anyway and a computer geek) found out that amazon was releasing X number of wii fits Black Friday at midnight PACIFIC time (that's 3am for us...) (Thanksgiving night into early morning black friday)  He stayed up till 3am and was on the amazon website (a favorite of his, anyway) and clicked on it at 3am exactly and ended up getting one for me.  It's also a bit more than he normally spends as a college student working at subway...so he made it a combined bday and Christmas gift for me.  I was astounded.

To top things off - he actually got my other brother involved and he bought me wii ski as my bday present - which is one of the games I think I will try tonight if I feel up to it.

I will keep my eyes open for one just in case for you.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 1/7/09 3:04 am - Easton, PA
I just saw that wal mart has them on sale for $89.99 this week - I am going to call all of them in the area and see if I can get one friday night or saturday morning - guess I could run up to a few of them tomorrow after work if they have one. I have been saving some of my christmas money just for that! I feel like such a little kid...

lol

Liz
HopefulFuture
on 1/9/09 6:14 am - Boston, MA
Pam, that story about your brother getting you Wii Fit is really sweet :)

Lisa :) 

shoutjoy
on 1/6/09 7:07 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

I had another rough night. That's four nights in a row now. 

I had to use the money I was going to use on my trip next week to buy food and rescue our checking account.  I have to go to Baltimore to see the insurance company doctor.  He is a real jerk.

Today is yucky weather day.  I hope to get some rest.  Anyway, be careful out there all!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Liz R.
on 1/6/09 7:57 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all! Cheryl - please get yourself to a Dr, this sounds like it needs attention! Hope you are feeling better soon!

I too almost took a nosedive on the driveway so I turned around went back in the house and got some kitty litter, I spread that infront of me as I walked so I had some traction. The roads were decent once I got onto 611.

I am at work today, have a big bid to get out by 2 - nothing too exciting! After work I have to stop at my parents and pick a few things up - maybe I'll get dinner out of it! lol then home to crash.

Make it a great wednesday!

Liz
rivardstarr
on 1/6/09 7:58 pm - phoenixville, PA
Good Morning PA,
Today is clean up the kitchen/laundry and handle some bills time. Tonight is the first of 3 12 hr shifts at the hospital. I plan to use my total gym and nordic track as the weather isn't condusive to walking the dogs. I started today with water, then hot choc with protein powder mixed in. Dinner at work will be a veggie patty and some broccholini suated with olive oil and garlic, with some grated parmasan to top it off.
I hope everyone has a safe day, productive and positive. Be kind to yourself.
Chris
keri2008
on 1/6/09 8:53 pm - PA
Hello all!  Today finds me making my way around carefully while out.  I'm at work now with some things to do but nothing pressing, got the pressing off my desk before I left yesterday.  Homework and consignment store shopping as I now only have 3 pairs of pants that fit (rest are too big again - sigh).  Then picking up fish for dinner and trying to relax.  I find myself very agitated and having a hard time just relaxing.  I'm also a bit of a mean nasty cow.  LOL.  Sometimes I feel like aliens have invaded my body.  But I just continue to work at finding my way with this "new" me.

Keri
bubble273
on 1/6/09 9:16 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Keri,

If there's any way to meet up with you, I have those pants for you.  I believe I have 3 pairs that are 14s.  Two of the pairs I got at Boscov's and only wore a few times.  They are a nice quality pant.  One is a gray dress pant and the other one is a little hard to describe...I would say biege with white pin stripes throughout them.  The other pair I got from Target.  They have a wide leg at the bottom, so I don't know if you would like those, and they sit low on the waist.  But you can always try them.  Let me know how I can get them to you.  I have off today and will be running some errands.  You can reach me on my cell.  I will PM you the number.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views