Homemade eggrolls!

Mary Benford
on 1/6/09 4:03 am - Emmaus, PA

I have been craving chinese food lately, but it makes me sooo sick.   Eggrolls are my favorite part, but I couldn't handle the grease from the fried outsides!  I knew I could make an alternative...  and sure enough, this tastes just like the insides of  an eggroll!

1 bag of cole slaw mix (usually dole)

1 can of bean sprouts

1 can of sliced water chestnuts

1 onion

5 eggs

Garlic to taste

Pepper to taste

Sesame oil

Soy sauce

Salad shrimp, or pork, or ground turkey or chicken

In a big pot coat the cole slaw mix with a little sesame oil, and some soy sauce. Cook on high until the cabbage turns clear. While cooking cabbage, in a frying pan, crack the eggs and coo****il they turn white without cracking the yolk. Break up into tiny little pieces with a for****il everything is cooked… add to cabbage. Add in the meat (which should be finely chopped) Add in the bean sprouts, onion, water chestnuts, pepper, garlic, and some more soy sauce and cook on high until everything is coated and cooked through well.

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Mike M.
on 1/6/09 5:02 am - Langhorne, PA

Thanks Mary!  I just might give this a try.  I was just explaining "bariatric buffalo wings" to the support group on Saturday and this sounds like another awesome alternative!

P. S.  The Christmas dress looks amazing on you (sorry Norm...)!

Take care,

Mike

Mary Benford
on 1/6/09 5:31 am - Emmaus, PA
Thanks Pal!! 

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/09 6:00 am - Horsham, PA
On January 6, 2009 at 1:02 PM Pacific Time, Mike M. wrote:

Thanks Mary!  I just might give this a try.  I was just explaining "bariatric buffalo wings" to the support group on Saturday and this sounds like another awesome alternative!

P. S.  The Christmas dress looks amazing on you (sorry Norm...)!

Take care,

Mike

If possible, please post the recipe or the link for "bariatric buffalo wings"
Sounds interesting

Thank you

Mike M.
on 1/6/09 8:36 am - Langhorne, PA
It's really easy... all you have to do is get some boneless, skinless chicken breast, preferably cut into strips (or buy it that way if you don't want to have to grill your own chicken) and marinate in Texas Pete's buffalo sauce for about 24 hours.  Then add just enough fat free blue cheese salad dressing so that you can stir it into the chicken and get a light coating on all of the strips. 

From there, I personally will simply stick 3 - 4 strips in the microwave for about 45 seconds and eat them just like that.  But, if you're feeling daring, you can also use a light coating (VERY light coating) of reduced fat bread crumbs and bake until crisp.

Enjoy!
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/09 8:55 am - Horsham, PA
Thank You athat so so wonderful and would make a great easy dinner
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/09 10:32 pm
Mike they sound excellent...I will give them a try for sure. Seems suddenly in 2009 I am a cook making meals all the time so I am trying new things all the time to keep it fresh! 
rivardstarr
on 1/6/09 5:13 am - phoenixville, PA
Mary,
This sounds like a great recepie! I'm going to try it this weekend. The crunchiness should bring alot of chewing sastisfaction with that oriental flavor! Thanks for sharing.
Chris
deebatt
on 1/6/09 7:56 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
gotta give that one a try...sounds yummy.  does it make a large portion?  thinking of cutting the recipie in half, its just for me

would love to have the bariatric hot wings recipe too

~Denise
~ Denise 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views