Greek Yogurt

sbrunell
on 1/6/09 8:25 am - Bensalem, PA
Well, I was wondering if you guys might be interested.....

My company sells all sorts of foods.....
I am trying to get them to start carrying Greek Yogurt, so I am buy it near cost. But I would have to buy cases.....
I don't know the cost, nor how many yogurts are in a case, but I was wondering if you all would be interested in splitting a case....I hate paying $2 for each of those cups.....

But I will catch a lot of crap at work, if I can't sell them.....so i figured I would ask here, before I stick my neck out.

Just to be clear, since I got reported before.....

I am asking if, in theory, if I could buy Greek Yogurt by the case, if you would be interested in splitting it w/ me.

Thanks 
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

SPatel4
on 1/6/09 8:49 am - Levittown, PA
Steve,
I would be interested. Do you attend the Post-Op meetings on Wednesday or even Saturdays if so we can definately do business. I live across the street for the Barix Clinic. PM me it you need to.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

deeg
on 1/6/09 10:18 am - Quakertown, PA
I wouldn't mind also....I just tried the Greek Yogurt and love it!  Let me know if you are going to do this....
Dee
Pam Hart
on 1/6/09 3:16 pm - Easton, PA
Count me in!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
LindaScrip
on 1/7/09 4:57 am
me me me too I would like to get in on this one is it just one flavor.  I don't really care I'll sigh up for that deal.  Let us know how much.  Just remember $2 is cheap for a meal.  Where else can you go for $2?  Just kidding. me me me....
Alice P.
on 1/7/09 8:44 am - Bensalem
Hi Steve,
    What is greek yogurt. Dont know If I ever tried it. Can you buy it at ACME. i would like to try it first. Thanx

Alice (Bensalem also)
sbrunell
on 1/7/09 9:49 am - Bensalem, PA
Alice, you ought to try it. I think Acme does, but I know Shop-Rite and Giant do. As a word to the wise, from someone in the food biz, Acme charges more than the other stores. I also would not buy any fish from there. NOw that I am off my soapbox....

It's the ridiculously expensive yogurt (about $2 per serving). The popular brands are Oikos and Chobani, but the flavored versions have too much sugar. There is a fat free and a 2% plain version.

They have anywhere from 15-22 grams of protein and little to no fat. It's real yogurt. Breyers and the others are fake cheaper versions. They lack the bacteria to truly be  yogurt. You will see they have thickeners, and often time tapioca.

Here is another reason to try it:  http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/healthday/2008/05/2 2/probiotics-help-adult-weight-loss-after-.html

In any event, it doesn't taste terribly good.  I mix mine w/ 3 splenda packets or the sugar free coffee syrups. I also know some ppl use a SF Jam. On OH, I've met ppl who add SF Jello as well.

Give it a try.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Alice P.
on 1/8/09 3:44 am - Bensalem
Thanx to all. Pam, what is divinci syrup?

Alice
Pam Hart
on 1/8/09 5:05 am - Easton, PA
Davinci syrups are a flavored syrup.  Many people use them in coffees and what not.  Torani is another popular brand, although I have never had the Torani.

I personally buy mine from www.netrition.com  You can find them in stores, too, but I find the selection at netrition beats anything I can find at the stores.  Netrition is a little over priced in compared to some other websites - but their shipping is a $5 flat fee - and the bottles are heavy - so shipping adds up.

I use the syrups in a LOT of stuff....the greek yogurt mainly...coffee...shakes when I made them...I have even been known to put some on vanilla ice cream.  You do have to watch - because there are sugar free versions and regular versions which I believe are loaded with sugar.

Some of my favorite flavors:
Raspberry
Lemon
Lime
Coconut
Pineapple
Peppermint Paddy

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 1/7/09 9:56 am - Easton, PA
I have found them at Giant...although I am not from Bensalem.  At the Giant by me...most of the time they are $1.09 for a single serving (6 ounces)  They also sell larger containers, I think 2 cups....but I am all about convenience and will pay the extra money to get them in single size servings.

Plain it tastes like sour cream.   And who wants to sit down to a bowl of sour cream for a snack?

However...I use sf davinci syrups and frozen berries in mine.  I have one a day, at the very least.  Generally speaking I buy a whole bunch (like 8-10) at a time.  When I get home I put it into my single size serving containers....mix in the sf syrups of my choice....and top with frozen berries.   Then I stick them in the fridge and I have them at a "grab and go" type convenience.  I know myself....and if I had to mix in the syrups and the berries each time I wanted one, I wouldn't eat it.

Other people use:

Splenda and extracts
Splenda and berries
Sf jam
Sf jello crystals (not a whole box....just a sprinkle)
Crystal lite powder

I also use it in place of sour cream...on tacos...sour cream and onion dip....anything like that.  The sour cream and onion dip turns out GREAT...and is a fat free/high protein option instead of heavy laden dip.  I brought it into work one day and nobody knew the difference!

pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views