Am I stupid or what!!!@@!!

JillZ
on 1/6/09 3:09 am - Warrington, PA
Help, I've gotten into my nighttime bad habits again!  I'm great all day and then after dinner I fall apart.  I've actually eaten some cookies even though they make me sick  later, Geez you'd think I'd learn.  It's my old problem resurfacing again, I just want to eat at night, I know what I need to do, it just seems so hard sometimes, sorry, just needed to vent!! 

Pam Hart
on 1/6/09 3:17 am - Easton, PA
Vent away!  And no, you are not stupid, you are human!!

What about keeping sf jello cups or pre made sf jello in the house so if you want to eat, you have that available without many calories or what not.  I know it doesn't always "do the trick" as far what it is you WANT to eat, but perhaps it will help.

Another option would be to plan your meals/snacks so that you can have something to snack on, just plan it into your days menu and allottment.

In the winter it's harder to just go outside and take a walk but maybe having another back up plan would work?  Journaling?  Something to keep your hands busy.

Hang in there!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jackie j
on 1/6/09 3:29 am - Glenmoore, PA
Stick your Dannon Lite & Fit yogurt in the freezer.   When the rest of the crew is eating ice cream you can have frozen yogurt and not feel bad.   Otherwise, turn on "on demand" and do a 10 min. exercise class; it'll get your mind back on proper footing.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

pieparty
on 1/6/09 3:31 am - Milroy , PA
I have the same problem. I can do great all day long and then about 8 at night something happens. I turn into this snacking monster. I am working on it, and most days I do well but once in a while....... Anyhow you are human try not to be so hard on yourself.
dit657
on 1/6/09 3:52 am - Boothwyn, PA
If you have a family you're keeping the cookies around for ask someone to hide them from you - or put them out of reach or out of sight. I know nothing I could suggest is going to taste as good as you think that cookie will, but oh man, if you're getting sick and still eating them? Then its time to get them out of the house. I threw a whole bunch of sweets out over the weekend - I know I won't eat them, but they're tempting just the same, and my husband is a diabetic so he shouldn't have them.

Nothing can taste good enough to dump on - nothing - and just keep telling yourself that. Do you like to do puzzles or crosswords? That helps me a lot.

Good luck - its a tough time of year for all of us - the long, dark, cold nights make it perfect for snacking. Hey, for a sweet treat how about some sugar free hot chocolate mixed with a decaf coffee, some splenda and either lo-fat milk or non-dairy creamer - that works for me when I really get a craving and its filling, plus has protein.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
rivardstarr
on 1/6/09 5:03 am - phoenixville, PA
Jill,
Schedule a meal or snack for the evening, something you need to chew alot, like apple slices with 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter, or celery stuffed with peanutbutter or a scoop of tuna or shrimp salad. A mug of ff/sf hot choc with a scoop of choc protein powder stirred in after it cools abit can be very sastifying and filling. If you plan for this meal it will take away the "cheating" mentality that leads to a sense of failure and then binging. A tossed salad with some type of protein, meat/cheese/beans , might also fill you up. I wish you the best.
Chris                
deeg
on 1/6/09 10:10 am - Quakertown, PA
I think that everyone's right in PLANNING for that nighttime snack-just make a healthy choice and it won't be "cheating".  You know you like your s.f. hot chocolate!!!!!  Have that to curb your sweet tooth.  Or s.f. pudding?  Jill, you can also call me anytime and I will talk you out of having those cookies!!!  Just say no (to dumping)....  See ya manana.........
Dee
JillZ
on 1/6/09 10:41 am - Warrington, PA
Thanks everyone for the great ideas!   I'm in the "danger zone" now so I'm off to have some sf hot coco and then I'll make myself go to bed early!  I like the frozen yogurt idea also, because I bet it takes a while to eat it!  Thanks again for the much appreciated support

HopefulFuture
on 1/9/09 5:34 am - Boston, MA
Hi Jill!  Long time no speak!!  The others have already given you great advice and there isn't really much I can add.  Just wanted to offer my support to you and wanted to let you know you are not alone.  

Thinking of you, 
Lisa :) 

JillZ
on 1/9/09 9:55 am - Warrington, PA
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the encouragement, I needed it!!  Your picture looks so great!!!  How's everything with you?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views