I'm hungry!!

tanya72100
on 1/6/09 2:58 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
so stinkin hungry.

Ok.. I have found that sitting down and trying to eat meals is terribly hard for me. I eat alittle and then i have to come back later to eat the rest. ( or is this totally normal) !!

Any tips or ideas..

I need some new food ideas. Its hard for me to sit down at work and eat. We only get 30 mins. And ideas for some hand/ pickin type foods that are ok. Im sick of pudding! cottage cheese and chese sticks!!

Help me.. please

DianeMarie
on 1/6/09 3:17 am - Delmont, PA
Eating litte bit at a time is better for you.  Less chance of it coming back up and re-visiting you LOL.  I like the myoplex lite protien shakes.  I also like the sugar free popsicles and creamsicles.  I'm a huge fan of soup cause you get your meat and veggies in there.  I have about 4 ounces at a sitting and then I have a yogurt.   In fact that was my dinner last night.  They make a lot of delicious chunky soups.  I also have a bunch of those 100 calorie snack packs but i tend to have problems and throw those up more often than not.

Good luck and I'm sure you will get alot of great suggestions from this group.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Pam Hart
on 1/6/09 3:33 am - Easton, PA
It depends on what "a little bit" is considered and "going back later" to it means.  I'm concerned that you may start grazing if you are constantly going back and forth and eating "little bits" here and there.  Grazing especially later on can lead to significant weight gain fairly "easily"

I only get 30 minutes for a break too.   And I work a 12 hour shift.  So, theoretically...I should eat at least 3 times during my shift.

Things I pack....I know you are tired of some of these....but it works for me..

Cheesesticks
Greek Yogurt
Ricotta cheese w/ splenda and cinnamon (I use this instead of cottage cheese cause I can't stand cottage cheese.)
Pre measured nuts (good for a crunchy/salty fix)
Protein Bars (I like EAS)
Sliced cheese and crackers, pre measured (Otherwise I would totally eat way to many crackers)

Your meals should generally take you about 1/2 an hour anyway....and then you should stop eating and not eat again for about 2-3 hours.  It's a hard habit to get into.

Make sure what you are feeling is "real" hunger as well.  There are times I truly believe I am "hungry" only to take a few bites, realize I am not....and when I sit and analyze it I come to the idea that it is head hunger...or stress...or some sort of emotion that I am not processing "properly"

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 1/6/09 3:54 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
My problem is im not gettin enough calories. I will have breakfast, no problem. usaully no snack.

Lunch will come and Im not hungry or atleast I dont feel like i am. I will eat half my lunch if that then eat the remaining about an hour later. Dinner is the same way.  I worry about my fluids so much i think im full of them.

I think im feeling burnt out on the same things.

Liz R.
on 1/6/09 4:24 am - Easton, PA
Alrighty there missy. I would suggest that you start eating every 3 hours - you might not be hungry but you need the calories. If you don't get enough calories your body goes in to starvation mode and holds onto everything so you won't loose.

make sure you get those snacks in! What I do is make lunchmeat roll ups, wrap 1 slice of lunchmeat in a slice of cheese - add a condiment or some veggies and roll up. I eat them a lot as a snack, I can eat them at my desk 1 handed. Another good thing to have as a snack at work is hot chocolate made with protein poweder and milk. I keep a water bottle full of soy milk in the fridge at work and use ths sugar free swiss miss packets. That is fluids and protein!

Hope this helps *hugs*

Liz
tanya72100
on 1/6/09 5:06 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
thanks guys. Im making alittle list of foods to try.. The lunch meat sounds good. I need something. I feel like im really picky anymore. its kinda upsetting in a way.

Im gonna try the every 3 hours and i do good with cheese. Bring on the dairy!

rivardstarr
on 1/6/09 5:26 am - phoenixville, PA
Tanya,
Why don't you try the "eggrolls" recepie that mary ivans posted 2 messages after your post. If you add a decent amount of chopped seafood/meat/tofu you'll get your protein in, and this could be reheated at work and eaten from your desk if need be, right out of your tupperware. Using different spices and seasonings can really perk up a blah meal, and perk up your appetite. I eat a sliced apple with 1-2 slices of swiss cheese or 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter at work frequently. I eat mostly vegeterian, and take things like a serving of chili, soups and salads with beans and some cheese to work. I stir a flavored protein powder into yogurt as one of my meals. a measured portion of nuts with a tbsp of dried fruit is a good sweet/salty snack, high in "good" fats, protein and several important minerals. I hope these ideas help.
Chris
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views