Back to Basics Challenge!!!

Liz R.
on 1/2/09 11:57 pm - Easton, PA
Alright gang - the holidays are over and it is time to get serious - who's with me?! Starting MOnday (giving us time to shop and prep) I am going back to basics - protein first, veggies/fruit second and carbs last. I WILL get in my 64 ounces of water! I want to get down these last 20something pounds and get to goal. THis is nothing formal but I will post every day this week and see how everyone is doing.

Feel free to share your struggles and successes with this as I know that I will have both daily!

I am going to clean out the cabinets and fridge to get rid of temptations.

Lets start 2009 on the right track!!!

Liz
nikkib1216
on 1/3/09 12:43 am
i am on board with you.  thanks for the support in advance. 

Nikki

Frances P.
on 1/3/09 2:14 am - Schwenksville, PA
What a good idea - this is something I really need right now.  I've already got my shopping list together and will be cleaning out "bad" food later today.  I don't post very much, but I always read the posts and look forward to your daily posts. Thanks - Fran
wendy G.
on 1/3/09 2:53 am - north wales, PA
Count me in!  The cupboards were cleaned out New Years Day (much to the dismay of the 2 teenage boys) and did the shopping to stock up for healthy eating on my part and everyone else in the house.

Wendy
LisaAC
on 1/3/09 4:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good idea!  I will post daily and read others' posts for encouragement!

Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Mary Benford
on 1/3/09 5:39 am - Emmaus, PA
I was just talking to Norm about doing this...  starting monday!  I'm with you!!!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Liz R.
on 1/3/09 6:03 am - Easton, PA
WE CAN DO IT!!  AFter all there are no more new year's resolutions of dieting - we are just getting back to eating healthy like we all know that we should!

Together we can do this!

Liz
rivardstarr
on 1/3/09 7:17 am - phoenixville, PA
Liz,
I am so there with you. The focus is on health, smart choices, and daily physical activity. Here's to a successful 2009 for all of us!
dit657
on 1/3/09 7:48 am - Boothwyn, PA
I'm on board - actually started yesterday - have really been working to get my proteins in and stop snacking on carbs. Picked up good stuff at the store yesterday so I'm set for work and lunches, etc. Also got into the bad habit of drinking something when I eat so I cut that out, too. And I got back on my bike yesterday - will beon there tomorrow, too -- really want to lose 35 lbs by my 1st anniversary on 2/28 so I have to get my rear in gear!! Thanks for the boost.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
CherylT
on 1/3/09 11:01 am - Perkasie, PA
I'm in! I want to lose at least 20-25 more. Honestly, if I'm 165 for the rest of my life and don't go any lower, that's ok with me. But I'd like to get to 150 if I can by May when I go with my daughter on her 8th grade grad trip to Baltimore.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views