***TGIF Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 1/1/09 7:35 pm - Easton, PA
Hmmm...I'm surprised...it's 0630 and no one has posted roll yet?  Wakey wakey!!

Anywho....whats on your agenda?

Today I am going home and quicker than my direct deposit hit, paying bills and emptying it quite nicely.  Ho hum.

Then I need to wrap a Christmas present for a friend...we haven't gotten together for the holidays yet, so I left their presents unwrapped.

I'll take a nap and then we are meeting said friend for dinner.  Not sure if we are going to her house for dinner or meeting at a restaurant and then going to her house - that is yet to be determined. 

We'll probably be hanging out there till the late evening/night and then it'll be waaaay past my bed time and I will head on off to bed once again for the night. 

Have a great day all!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jojobear98
on 1/1/09 8:00 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good Morning all.........

Today has me back at work. Ugh, nothing like a thursday off just to go back for a friday! LOL. But......we have appointments and patients to see. I get off at 3:30. then I will head home to spend only about 45 minutes with the kiddos before I take them to thier dad's for the weekend.

After that, who knows. We have no plans. I would like to head up to the outlets in Lancaster tonight or tomorrow afternoon to hit the Motherhood Maternity store and pick up a few things. Other than that, nothing exciting going on.

Hope everyone had a happy new year and has a wonderful weekend!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Jayne
on 1/1/09 8:21 pm - Swiftwater, PA
Back to work for me today.....with a break to head over th physical therapy for a shoulder problem that it on the mend.

I've started the 5 day pouch test today -- been eating too many carbs lately.  Would appreciate any support as I work through the next few days.

jojobear98
on 1/1/09 8:27 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good luck with the pouch test. It'll be tough but you can get through it!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Pam Hart
on 1/1/09 9:07 pm - Easton, PA
I've done the 5DPT before.  It's not the easiest thing in the world - especially the first two days, but definately doable.  Actually - my hubby did it WITH me - and he's not a post op patient, so you can imagine how hard that was!  LOL  I thought we would kill each other by the end of the week!

I made some sf instant pudding and mixed in some vanilla protein powder into it to give me more protein and a more satisfied feeling for the first two liquid days.  I also used the EAS pre made protein shakes during that phase.

The only thing I changed is when I went to meats I did NOT keep myself to their 15 minute time frame.  I kept it within 25 or 30 minutes but really - it takes the brain 20 minutes to realize you are full - so if you attempt to eat "until satisfied" in 15 minutes there's a good chance you won't eat enough or will over eat and I just don't think rushing through meals is the best idea.

Take lots of walks if you need to and drink lots of water to keep your mind off of feeling like you might eat the family pet if it lies still long enough :)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 1/1/09 8:48 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning PA!!!

Io haven't been able topost as regularly due to the holidays and such...oh yeah and we are in the process of buying a house and getting ready to move out of the city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY!!!!!  I can not wait to live somewhere QUIET and cute!!!!! (Jumping up and down and dancing around living room!!!)

Anyways,  today may have us at the realtors or it may not we have to see when they call--but we signed all our paper work and are now waiting for seller to sign and return theirs...so hopefully today we can sign over the first of two BIG checks (eeK!!!!) This is the most exciting but the scariest thing I have ever done!!  So hence why I haven't been Miss Post Alot lately--sorry!!!  But I will be back to my regularly scheduled posting schedule !!

Anyway then I think after that we might just veg out at the house.  I'll read another book--Oh how I love the vacation time!! Then possibly will force myself to do laundry! What fun,huh?

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!!!

Much luv!!
Laura 

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Pam Hart
on 1/1/09 9:03 pm - Easton, PA
Congrats on the house!!
lauraanne715
on 1/2/09 7:57 am - Pottstown, PA
Thank you!!!! I am so excited!!!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

bubble273
on 1/1/09 11:51 pm - Levittown, PA
Congrats, Laura!!!  Where did you wind up buying a house??  I know that you had been looking in Pottstown.  Good luck!!!

Karen

lauraanne715
on 1/2/09 7:59 am - Pottstown, PA
Thank you!!!  We found one in Pottstown---so we are so excited and the house is so cute!!  Th

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views