Thank God 2008 is over...

SPatel4
on 12/31/08 9:57 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone,
As most of you know 3 days before Christmas my neighbor's house burned down and my house got damaged by fire and smoke. Well I did not think anything else was going to go wrong as we are only one day away from the new year. Guess What?? WRONG AGAIN.LMAO. My sister was working late last night and her husband had some after work dinner he had to go to so my sister asked me if I could watch her kids. I said fine she dropped off her kids at my work and we switched cars rather than switching the car seats and getting the kids out of the car and what have you she took my empty car and I took her car. Anyway came home parked in my driveway so when my sister was done at work it was around 11 at night she just parked on the street by my curbside. We talked late in the night and then went to sleep. This morning my sister buckled up the kids and was ready to go back home and she saw the house next door and realized that his whole house will have to be gutted then she says let me see what kind of damage you have on the side of you house. Anywho we are looking and talking about what a hassel it is to get it all fixed anyway all of a sudden I hear a big crash and a car going 40 miles on my street(way too fast) side swipes my car. My whole car on the passanger side needs to be replaced she scratched the whole side and broke my mirror. I thought she would not stop but she did here she had an oxygen mask and was all shaken up says that she was putting on her oxygen mask as she was drivingt and that is why she hit my car. Then I felt like S*%thead for calling the police because this was not my fault and my car has considerable damage. I felt really bad because this woman was telling me that she lives with her daughter and that she will be mad at her and she cannot even go back home and is barely hanging on to her job. I proceed to tell her to look around my house and tell her about me losing my job and getting lucky in getting a new job right away but man what a year this has been!! Sorry this is so long but now my house and my car both need mending when will this stop?? Do I have a black cloud hanging on my head or something??

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

litlhurry
on 12/31/08 10:08 am - anytown, PA
Hopefully..a better house and a better car in a better year! Happy New Year. geri
retta0426
on 12/31/08 11:39 am - Middletown, PA
trust me I understand about that lovely black cloud we sometimes feel is hanging over our heads. Try to keep positive, the new year can only get better. (At least that's what I'm telling myself!!)
Good luck and Happy New Year!!
Shannon O.
on 12/31/08 12:13 pm - Reading, PA
oh man... I agree with you... I just spent the day at the hospital because Lorelei got dehyrated from puking for 2 days... so I am totally with you about 09 has to be better... it just has to be... but if she is on oxygen like that can she even be allowed to drive?

Laureen S.
on 12/31/08 12:22 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Shilpa,

Out with the old and in with the new; sorry you've experienced a run of bad situations, you've got your health and the health of your family and no one was hurt, so hope 2009 brings you whatever you need to continue successing in life and no more material losses or damages!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 12/31/08 12:30 pm - Easton, PA
You, Beth, and Shannon O are definately not having the best end to 2008.  Here's to 2009 and hang in there!!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
SPatel4
on 12/31/08 12:35 pm - Levittown, PA
Pam,
Thank You so much for the kind words. I tell you I know I should be thankful that my family was not hurt in the fire and the car accident today but you know somedays you feel like is the sky now going to fall on my head?? LOL. Because basically everything else has already happened to me. Anyway Have a Happy & Healthy New Year. Hope to see you at this Saturday's meeting! Take Care:)

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Pam Hart
on 12/31/08 2:43 pm - Easton, PA
I absolutley know the feeling.  Don't worry chicken little, the sky won't fall on you :)  LOL Can't wait to see you on Saturday, it has been what seems like forever since I've been at a meeting!!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 1/8/09 4:18 am - Boston, MA
Hi Shilpa, 

I'm sorry I am a few days late reading your post and I actually missed your original post (while I was away) about what happened to your house and your neighbor's house 3 days before Christmas, but I wanted to offer you my support and let you know how truly sorry I am both about your house and about your car.  I hope you can be thankful that no one was hurt when the woman hit your car, that your house did not burn down, and that you were able to get a new job prior to your last day at your old job!  Not many people are that fortunate and I'm sure you have so many other wonderful things going on in your life (both WLS related and non-WLS related) as well.  I hope you can see the good in your life from 2008 and I wish you only the best in 2009 and every year thereafter!

Lisa :)  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views