It's a wonderful life....

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 5:45 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Wow, it's been a couple of years since I posted here... a lot has happened, I have not lost anymore weight (hoovering at 212) but i'm happy with that... I'm almost 5 years post op and i have lost the 100 pounds I wanted to.... I also lost another 300 pounds when my husband left me in october for his new girlfriend.  Seems he didn't like the idea that I have grown much stronger and independent since my surgery.

Oh well, such is life, I will continue to thrive with the new me.  I wanted to post here because as part of loosing the hubby, I am starting to get rid of a lot of stuff that I just don't need anymore since I will be moving to smaller quarters.  I have listed a great exercise bike over at ebay - it is a lemond g-force recumbant bike - great for those with a bad back that want some exercise... hopefully someone out there will be able to use it and will bid on it... selling it is just one of the small steps i have to take to start my new life.

I'm going to be moving into a small apartment when I get my house sold, I have also got some clothes that I am going to be listing on the clothing exchange if it still exists.... lots of 20 and 22 (womens) and a large quantity of men's 3xl winter clothes and coats/jackets.  Seems my hubby doesn't have a need for any of the stuff he left here so I'm going to give it to the first person that can pick it up.  Great quality stuff.... just needs  a good home so I'll go look to post over on the clothing exchange for local pick up - too much and too heavy to ship.

I never had any plastic surgery for my tummy after my initial surgery... i could still loose another 50 pounds before that ever happens... i'm hoping now that i can loose that final 50 pounds and then i'll consider surgery.... can already tell i will have plenty of loose skin - but i'm not looking to date anytime soon so it really doesn't matter to me that much... i'm very happy with my body just the way it is. I've lost a lot of weight since my surgery but the most important thing is i gained my self back from years of being invicible... i'm not invicible anymore... that is the best part.

I look forward to being back on the boards... this was a great place and i found a lot of solace here before...
nikkib1216
on 12/28/08 6:06 am
welcome back and sorry to here about the ex.  i wish you all the luck in this new year coming up.  i have been contemplating wether i should do the same with the live-in boyfriend.  i am have lots of issues with him.  any how welcome back.

Nikki

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/08 7:26 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Thanks Nikki, great to be back and i"m looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

Have a great and safe new year.

yvonne
Liz R.
on 12/28/08 6:35 am - Easton, PA
WEll welcome back aboard and best of luck with the "moving on". SOunds like you are better off! We are here for any comfort or support that you need. What area of PA are you in?

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 7:48 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Thanks for the warm welcome back... I need all the support I can get with this one, my hubby is borderline personality disorder which makes the entire situation a lot more difficult. 

I'm just outside of Annville / Hershey in the middle of the state.  Great area to be in - lots of wonderful people here.

keri2008
on 12/28/08 8:44 am - PA
Welcome back!  Great to have you posting and I know you will find lots of solace here again.  As well as laughs and fun times!  You're dealing with a lot of stress so my thoughts and prayers are with you but you're attitude is top shelf so I have no doubt you'll do fantastic.  Borderline is probably one of the very toughest to deal and live with, it's a tough thing to treat.  All the best to you as you start this new chapter.

Keri
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/08 7:23 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Thanks Keri, I knew there was a reason I came back here first.... great people and wonderful support.  Again, thanks.

Yvonne
Patricia R.
on 12/28/08 3:05 pm - Perry, MI
Hi and Welcome Back,
I have been divorced since 2001, and had my surgery in 2006.  My ex left me for a lot of reasons, but praise God, not for another woman.  Though he let no dust settle on him once he left. 

I will take a gander at the bike, as mine is starting to break down. 

I hope you are able to grow emotionally, and spirituallly through your divorce, as I am doing.  I regret losing my husband, but do not regret learning more about myself.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/08 7:28 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Trish, thanks for your wonderful comments.  Sorry about your divorce, but, if it left you stronger and you are happier now, it was worth it.... at least that is what i'm hoping for. I truly hope to grow in all ways... i can already see one major difference in my life and looking forward to more.

Have a great holiday.

yvonne
Pam Hart
on 12/28/08 9:23 pm - Easton, PA
I just wanted to say HI  and welcome back to the boards.  I applaud you for all you are doing and how you are handling a very difficult situation.

Hope to get to know you better!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views