Hey Everyone!!!

Candace ..
on 12/28/08 3:21 am - pgh, PA
I have not been on here for a while since surgery. 

I am doing well mainly recovering from the pneumonia!!!  I feel so much better thank God.

I'm down 30lbs since surgery I can not believe it but I'll take it lol.

I hope everyones doing good..... Oh and If anyone has any good recipes for fish let me know.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes.....

130LBS GONE!!!

Nicole0216
on 12/28/08 5:14 am - Lancaster, PA
thanks for the update. take good care of yourself
keri2008
on 12/28/08 8:52 am - PA
Glad to hear that you are doing well!!!  AND even better that the pneumonia is pretty much history. 

I don't really have any recipes for fish but I usually grill it and then put a small amount of sauce on top (salsa, bruschetta  - both store bought, not homeade - LOL, or chopped up fresh tomato and avocado - MY FAVORITE!). 

Keri
Laureen S.
on 12/28/08 11:34 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Glad to hear you are feeling better and sounds like you are doing well on the weight loss as well.  Keep up the good work, I'm sure 2009 will be a year to celebrate living some of your dreams!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 12/28/08 11:57 pm - Easton, PA
Hey Candace,

Sounds like you are on the right track!!  As far as the pneumonia is concerned - you are at a high risk for this especially right after surgery.  Make sure you are doing deep breathing exercises at least 6 times a day.  It will help expand your lungs and prevent the pneumonia from continuing to settle.

As far as fish - I don't cook it often - however I do eat shrimp.  My favorite way was to put them in a skillet with a tiny bit of olive oil..sprinkle with garlic powder and some salt (very little salt) and some pepper and make like a scampi type flavor.  Sometimes at the end I would squirt a little lemon juice or some grated lemon peel onto for some extra fresh flavor.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 12/31/08 2:16 am - Boston, MA
Great to hear from you Candace!  Glad you are doing well and feeling better!!

Happy New Year, 
Lisa :)

MsDeniseinPA
on 12/31/08 2:20 am - PA
glad to hear that you are doing well!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA