on 12/28/08 8:32 pm - Swiftwater, PA
Congratulations.....
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 9:54 pm
thanks, Jayne.
cleos_mom
on 12/28/08 9:02 pm - phila., PA
Hi Heather
 I know how hard it is when we are used to shopping in the same stores for most of our lives.
YOU MUST DIVORCE Lane Bryant Catherines & Torrid. try Fashion bug I was comfortable there because they also carry plus.
It is great to be able to shop in any storem
my biggest fear was when I traveled what if they lost my luggage there was no Lane Bryant in Cancun.
Congrat for being thrown out

BTW, you look marvelous
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 9:58 pm
Thank you!  You look marvelous yourself!!   I cancelled my LB, Catherines and Avenue credit cards LONG ago.  Maybe I go back into those stores to remind myself of where I came from and where I do NOT want to go back to!  I have shopped in Fashion Bug a few times and I LOVE the Good Will...I always have much luck in there finding really great brand name things for $3 and $4 bucks.  I was using the Good Will at first because I couldn't see spending full price for things I was going to only wear a short time, but I have found that it really is a smart way to go. 

HG

dit657
on 12/28/08 9:27 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Getting kicked out of Catherine's beats the hell out of getting kicked out of Petite Sophisticates - my sister and I were almost kicked out of there one day when we went shopping for my mom, who is a petite - good lord we felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman!! I'm still not ready for a store like that for myself but maybe someday.

And you need to stop wearing those big old baggy jeans, girl! Even if you think you're hiding them under sweaters they're probably making you look bigger than you are, so rid yourself of them and don't look back! TJ Maxx and Marshall's are great places to find jeans - that's where I've been getting mine, and like you they're all different sizes, but at least they're cheap at those stores so you don't mind having several different pair in different sizes.

I still venture into Lane Bryant from time to time - I haven't made that total transition away from the 'fat' stores since I'm still hovering in the 18/20 range, but I'm hoping to change that soon. Old habits die hard...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 10:01 pm
I have ventured into TJ Maxx and Marshall's a few times, but I have had the best luck at the Good Will.  The deals on jeans there are fantastic ($4 and $5 bucks). 

HG
Laureen S.
on 12/28/08 9:41 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Heather,

I know you must have felt wonderful finally having it settle in that "you don't belong there". . .  I closed my Lane Bryant and Avenue charge accounts 2 weeks ago, and when closing the Avenue account the woman on the phone asked why I was closing it and I told her I had lost almost 90 lbs., she told me how wonderful it must feel and to be proud of myself (lol), to which I responded, yes it does and I am; it felt wonderful and I pray never to have to shop there for myself again.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 10:05 pm
I remember when I closed one of those accounts about a year ago and the guy on the phone asked the same thing.  I loved being able to tell him that their stuff was too big!!  Now I just need to stop going in to those stores!! 

HG
bubble273
on 12/28/08 9:50 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Heather,

I know exactly what you mean.  I actually still go into Catherine's to pay my bill.  I still owe them like $500 and it kills me every time I walk in there.  I hate to go in there realizing that I don't EVER, EVER have to shop in there again.  And the fact that I still have to pay off a bill for clothes that don't even fit me sucks even more.  Even Lane Bryant, I still owe them like $500 bucks.  That doesn't bother me as much, because I just bought a couple bras there, but I don't like getting the coupons in the mail or the advertisements of their new clothes, because I'm like, oh, that's something that I could wear.  But really it's not now because it would be too big.  I wish I could hit the lottery and just pay off those credit card bills.  I still owe Fashion Bug $94 and when I get the bill I'm like, woooohooooo, almost paid off.  Because I don't even want to shop in their regular store.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 10:09 pm
I still get their mailings too.  I used to hate getting them because it was a reminder that I had to shop there.  Now, because I bought a bra at Victoria's Secrets, I get their catalog too.....and I hate it because I will NEVER look like those stinking models LOL  But, it IS nice to know I can actually go into VS and find something that fits. 

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views