****Sunday Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 12/27/08 2:27 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I fell asleep on the couch and just woke up.  Sleepless in Seattle is now on, talk about ironic. 

Anywho, I will be heading to church this morning, and then watching the Eagles, who MUST beat Dallas.  After that, I am not sure what is on the agenda.  I will probably have Mom and Sis over to play Scrabble, or something.  I did tell Mom how I felt about her rude behavior last night.  She said it was meant to be funny, and I have a dour sense of humor.  I told her that it is not funny to have one's faults discussed on a holiday with non-family members.  I tol her it was hurtful.

I did get some neat yarn and start a baby blanket.  Now I have three projects going.  A poncho, a blanket for my son, and the baby blanket.

I hope you all have a great Sunday.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 12/27/08 10:20 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning!!

Trish, glad you had a talk with your mom, sorry it wasn't more productive and that she doesn't seem to see it as you took it.

Today I think I will surprise my family.  A bit of an involved story here...on 12/20 there was supposed to be a big family holiday party at my parents house w/ all my extended family.  We went down on 12/19 for a bday party for me and then to spend the night for the party the next day.  Due to the big snow storm most of the people who were gonna come were snowed in so the party was cancelled.

So they rescheduled for today.  Now...we had gone to jersey the 19th into the 20th and then went down the 24th into the 25th...and I was debating on making the trip again today.  I told mom I didn't think that would happen as that would be 3 trips in one week and I really didn't want to spend the gas money.  However....it's my WHOLE family, some of which I haven't seen since the summer time.  And really - I have absolutely no plans for today anyway....so I think I will end up going down there and surprising them and seeing my family.  Verdict is still out if Brian will be coming with me - although I have a feeling he probably will.

So...that's about it for me.  I won't be spending the night (it's only about a 90min ride anyway...) but will probably be coming home later at night....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 12/27/08 10:36 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Sunday morning everyone!!

Well, I'm feeling much better after having a darn stomach bug that had me on the toilet for a day and a half.  Glad that's out of the way.

Today has me going to my best friend's house to exchange gifts with our kids.  My other girlfriends will be there also, but we don't exchange...just too many darn kids and I can't afford to give everyone something.  So it's just me and Beth that exchange...they do exchange amongst themselves.  Beth really wish they wouldn't, but it's been a few years that they have and she can't bring herself to say no more.

Anyway, I made the pumpkin mousse to take and also made the truffles.  Well, I have it ready to be put into balls to roll them up.  I have to get that done soon, as I'm heading down there by 10:30.  And I have to jump in the shower and have some breakfast.  A late start of the day for me.  I was exhausted yesterday from all the pooing and just feeling drained...no pun intended :)

Have a great one everybody!!!

Karen

Nicole0216
on 12/27/08 11:38 pm - Lancaster, PA
hi all. i think we will be going to the mall to look for a front closure sports bra at jc penny. maybe some light shopping. come home put my feet up to deal with the swelling. and then we have to go to the grocery store. i am not lookiing forward to going back to work tomorrow. the swelling and stuff is so uncomfortable that i get so distracted. but it has to be done.

i hope you have a nice sunday everyone
dit657
on 12/27/08 11:54 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning back at ya, everybody - Trish, I go thru a lot of the same stuff with my mom (and she lives with me) - she tries to be funny but it always comes across as sarcastic or snide, and hurtful. So while they're trying to be funny I do think there's always an edge to their 'humor' - glad you talked to her about it - it may not change things but you'll feel better for it.

Today has me doing laundry and just hanging out in a QUIET house for a while. Sister and b-i-l went to visit his kids down in Maryland for the day. Tonight we're heading out to a friends' house for some Christmas cheer - I won't be as 'cheerful' tonight as I have been, tho - all the rich food and drink is catching up to me so I'll be taking it easy tonight.

Tomorrow its back to work, then dinner tomorrow night with girlfriends - and that's the last of it til NYE when we're supposed to head to the beach to visit friends - IF their daughter doesn't go into labor before then and they have to leave for New York. I'm hoping not - we missed NYE with them last year because my mom was sick and I couldn't leave her alone, so we're really looking forward to this year.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
CherylT
on 12/28/08 4:23 am - Perkasie, PA
I feel so sick....weak, stuffed up, just total blech. Haven't done my workout or showered yet and it is after 3...ugh. I've gone through two boxes of puffs with this cold and it really stinks because I have this week to myself and it is so warm out today.

I'm sitting wrapped up watching PBS...lol.

:(

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views