pear dessert idea

Shannon O.
on 12/27/08 4:38 am - Reading, PA

I like watching everyday foods on PBS... their recipes are very easy to switch up for us either by lowering the fat or changing things sugar free... this is a great dessert for us... 

Poached Pears with Vanilla Cream- serves 4

http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/recipes/Poached_Pears_with_V anilla_Cream.html

Pam Hart
on 12/27/08 9:40 am - Easton, PA
So I'm guessing you would sub sf ice cream for the regular ice cream and leave the rest of the recipie as is?  I guess if it's only two tablespoons of brown sugar for 4  pears...then that would be 1/2 a tablespoon (roughly) per serving....and I guess you could use diabeti sweet, too...but I'm not sure how it works in the microwave, I haven't tried it that way yet.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 12/27/08 11:03 am - Reading, PA
yeah use sugar free ice cream and splenda brown sugar blend... or the diabeti sweet stuff... I would just try making the sauce first by itself if you use diabeti sweet brown sugar to see how it comes out... but since it melts like normal sugar (at least what I have seen when I have used it in my cookies)... once I get some pears I will tell you how it comes out...

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 12/27/08 11:21 pm
I was over at a friends house for xmas who served a pear mousse.  She said it consisted of Getlatin, Cream Cheese, Cool Whip and Canned Pears. She used the liquid from the pears as part of the liquid in the jello.  All blended together with a hand mixer.  I didn't try it, I was much to full from everything else they served.  Everyone was oohing and aahing over it.  It looked like a cheesecake in casserole form.  I'm sure it could be made WLS friendly.  Just thought I'd share.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Shannon O.
on 12/28/08 6:23 am - Reading, PA
oh that sounds yummy too... thanks for sharing that idea... I know I have seen 100% pear juice at the store... so I am really sure we could make this easy for us...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views