Am I the only dense one here?

Pam Hart
on 12/28/08 12:50 am - Easton, PA
Yea, this time of year is rough...wls or not.  I've had days like what you have described and have definately done my fair share of grazing.  Although last week I noticed even though I "bounce" between 126 and 130 I was hanging more towards the 128 129 numbers...so I realized that those 2 pounds were a warning and to back off.  I've been decent since then...except of course for yesterdays shoving food down my throat episode from not paying attention.

I try to take each meal as an opporunity to 'fix' something I haven't been doing well with. The "old" me would have said "well, I blew it for today, might as well start tomorrow" which would lead into "well I blew it this week, so I might as well start on Monday" and I don't do that anymore.  For instance, yesterday...after my foamy episode we went to the mall.  And can I tell you how good those damn auntie anne pretzels smelled??  And I was starting to get hungry.  And I could have very easily gotten one.  But instead, I bought a bottle of water (in another store - I'm not strong enough to go up to the counter and NOT get a pretzel) and sipped that as it wasn't really time for me to eat.  Waited until dinner and had my nice meal.

Thanks for sharing Kathy!  We need to realize we are not alone in all the struggles we face.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 1:58 am
<--------proud member of the "dense" club....27  months and counting...will probably be a life time member.

HG
Pam Hart
on 12/29/08 12:05 am - Easton, PA
Thanks HG!!  I guess we can be dense with wet panties together!  LOL
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 12/28/08 2:34 am
I must be numb dense.  Some days I can eat like a bottomless pit and other days I am quite satisfied with my "good choices" planning.  On the bottomless pit days I wish I would get the foamies or something to curb that beast.  Its very scary to be able to eat alot and not have any ill effects.  I still haven't learned that eating 2 cheesesticks gives me acid reflux but thats the only ill effect I've gotten.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Pam Hart
on 12/29/08 12:07 am - Easton, PA
Nan,

That's the ONLY good thing about that - is it does remind me to slow the heck down and to pay attention.  I can understand how not being affected can be scary.  But you obviously stick to your program with all the success you are continuing to have - just one of many reasons I love reading all your posts and advice!

Pam
Laureen S.
on 12/28/08 9:55 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nope, not dense, just a lifetime of old habits that can creep in anytime we are not paying close attention and I had a very painful one about 3 weeks ago, when I was multitasking and took some water, which I accidentally gulped. . .  OMG, I never felt so much discomfort, not even when I ate too fast or didn't chew properly, it felt like a heart attack and until I upchucked it, I thought I was gonna die and it was only water. . .  never want to have that experience again. . .

Still learning every day. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 12/29/08 12:09 am - Easton, PA
Hmmm...have never had that problem with liquids - and I can down liquids pretty quickly at this point.  I wonder if that's a bad thing??  I'm glad you were able to get some relief!!

And yep...still learning every day - that's a good way to think about it!

Pam
Sweetkatie
on 12/28/08 10:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Ohhh Pam... I'm 3 years and 3 months out and I still do this... Granted, it's A LOT less often but I do it.  Infact, yesterday because I just wasn't paying attention and eating while I watched tv and did some work... I dumped (on what I didn't realize was whole milk cheese) and had to lay down.  So I venture to say.... it'll probably always happen!  Just a constant reminder to take it slow! 
5 years post-op (September 19th 2005)

Back on track... and enjoying the ride
Pam Hart
on 12/29/08 12:10 am - Easton, PA
Hey there Katie!!  Missed talking to you lately!  Hope things are going well!

Thanks for the veteran advice - sorry you weren't feeling good!  But to a degree, glad to hear I'm not alone in this!!

Pam
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/08 12:26 am
Being only 8 months out there are days I forget then next thing I know I am praying at the porcelain alter asking for relief. But seems there is good company in the dense club so maybe that is the silver lining to this problem!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views