Am I the only dense one here?

EileenWalton
on 12/27/08 8:54 am

Boy, glad I'm not alone with this one.  I do this ALL the time.  I eat way too fast, and then I definitely pay the price.  My only relief is to stick my finger down my throat, and sometimes that doesn't even help.  I get so mad at myself for doing it again and again.  Old habits are difficult to break....even 14 months later.

Hope you're feeling better by now.

Eileen

Pam Hart
on 12/27/08 9:32 am - Easton, PA
Well that makes two of us who are glad "we're not the only ones"  When I do something like that I think to myself I'm the only one who can't figure this out 14 mos later.  Thanks Eileen!  I am feeling much better now - luckily it generally only lasts about 30 minutes, sometimes even less.  Unfortunately 99.9% of the time sticking my finger down my throat does absolutely nothing, so I very rarely, if ever, do it.  I WISH it would help - but it just sends me into more severe spasms and only on one occassion have I  been able to bring anything up.  The rest of the time it is just increased dry heaving.  I've yet to get a stomach virus post op **knocking fiercely on wood** and I can't help but wonder if I have trouble vomiting when I eat to fast, will I have trouble vomiting when I am legitimately sick?  Hmmm.  Question for the ages.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 12/27/08 11:31 am - Levittown, PA
Talk about stomach viruses...guess what???  I have one right now.  Got it from my niece Brooke.  My dad was puking his guts up all day and it was coming out the other end too.

I seem to not be able to throw up postop...so it's only coming out one end!!!  I was dry heaving a few times and felt like I needed to throw up, stuck my finger down my throat and nothing but saliva was the result and a very painful tummy.  So I'm right there with ya on the throwing up bit...don't think it will happen for me. 

Karen

Pam Hart
on 12/27/08 10:12 pm - Easton, PA
Sorry you are not feeling well - and even sorrier you can't throw up - because I know the feeling all to well.

Thanks for the heads up....although not the answer I was looking for (how sad is it that I actually WANT to throw up sometimes?)

Feel better!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
CherylT
on 12/27/08 9:51 am, edited 12/27/08 9:51 am - Perkasie, PA
Oh no you are not alone at all. I'd say, 85% of the time, given my gas (I'm never gonna get a date...lol) I have no clue what I'm doing.

Make yuh think how unconscious we must have been pre-op if we still are to some degree even now.

Pam Hart
on 12/27/08 10:26 am - Easton, PA
From my experience...the gas is inevitable regardless of eating habits...it just depends on which way it comes out!

Pam
rivardstarr
on 12/27/08 9:15 pm - phoenixville, PA
Cheryl,
As far as the gas goes, have you tried DEVRON? I order this over the internet. I get the chewable tablets. I find it cuts down on some of the gas, but more importantly, it does a good job of neutralizing the odor. 2 chewables 3x/day makes me much less self concious and much more pleasant to be around, if still occasionally musical.
Chris
Jackie W.
on 12/27/08 10:22 am
Sorry to break the bad news to you Pam.....my mom is 4 yrs post op and still does this!!!!!!!  She doesn't get the foamies or throw up....but she does feel like total crap when she does it!!

I use the excuse that I'm still a post op newbie when I do it!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

Pam Hart
on 12/27/08 10:26 am - Easton, PA
4 years, huh?  Looks like I got a long time to look forward to being stupid!! Thanks for sharing, it does make me feel better!

Pam
dit657
on 12/27/08 11:49 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Chalk it up to the time of year and everything going on. I haven't had the foamies but god knows I haven't been eating like I should - I do good at breakfast then it seems like its downhill from there. I'm munching way too much and not getting good proteins in. The other day I had a shake for breakfast then later went to the grocery store - walking around I felt light-headed and weird and realized I hadn't eaten in 5 hours, so I grabbed a protein bar and ate that while I finished shopping (yeah, I paid for it at the check-out - I'm a good girl). But I know a lot of my problem is having so many people around - family members - stress - and then out partying with friends and eating out - its all adding up to lousy nutrition, no exercise and feeling like crap. And speaking of that I've been in the bathroom 3 times already today because my system is purging a bunch of rich food I ate last night (sorry if that was TMI).

Don't beat yourself up too bad - we're all struggling right now - I'm looking forward to everyone being gone and getting back to my routine of eating good and working out because I've been feeling like a stinking slug...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views