WWWUUU WWWHOOO What a Ride!!

KimZ
on 12/26/08 10:13 pm - PA
Ok friends - I have to share this - my holiday so far was only tainted just those negative 30 - 45 minutes with my mother on Christmas night - but the rest so far has been so much fun!!

Yesterday (Friday) I took my older two boys (Nick and Frankie) skiing at Bristol Mountain near the finger lakes.  Nick has been snowboarding for a couple of years, but Frankie joined the ski club at his school this year and had not yet been on a pair of skiis or snowboard.  I have not been on a pair of skiis since I was 20 years old (thats 27 yrs ago).

Anyway - its all I have looked forward to for the past couple of weeks and let me tell you what a rush!!!  We hit the mountain at 1 in the afternoon and skied until 930 pm.  I never went into the lodge - just up and down the mountain for 9 and a half hours.  Every squat, every dead lift, every ab crunch, every mile behind me prepared me for this day of absolute heaven!!

Skiing apparently like riding a bike - you dont forget.  The only difference is that the last time I skied (at 20 yrs old) I was 75 pounds HEAVIER than I am now.  It was so much fun.  I was jumping and moguls and spins.  My boys had their jaws open jus****ching me.  I only fell just one time - when I did this spin and on the way back around hit a patch of ice  - but popped right back up.

Nick and Frankie kept saying - cmon mom lets just go in and sit for a little while - but I said no way - this is way too much fun.  Im not sore this morning either and we have already decided to head back over to the mountain on Sunday for a few hours before we head back home to Philly.  (Frankie needs another lesson or two anyway)

I'm like a kid again with a whole new body - this is the answer to the question when people ask me about my weight loss (are you happy?  or do you feel better?)  My answer is - YES I can live again and Im taking advantage of every minute of living and moving and having a ball doing it.

Kim Z

Pam Hart
on 12/26/08 10:36 pm - Easton, PA
Sounds like a great time!

I myself have never been skiing....and am firmly under the impression with my lack of coordination and balance that I would probably break an ankle or two.  That being said...for whatever reason this year I have pondered the idea and actually thought about trying it.  Probably not gonna happen this season....but maybe on my "to do list" for 2009/2010 season.

Have fun!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 12/27/08 1:45 am - Reading, PA
that is sooo awesome Kim... I bet your boys will never forget yesterday and seeing you ski like that... ever... congrats!

EileenWalton
on 12/27/08 9:03 am
Wow, what a great post.  I could almost feel your excitement.  Glad you had such a great time with your boys.
Eileen

Jackie W.
on 12/27/08 10:26 am
Wow Kim!!  It sounds like you had a great time!!  I'm jealous!  I love to ski and haven't been on a mountain in 15 years!!  I would love to go this year, just not sure my boots still fit!  First thing I'm going to do this year is snow tubing!!!  Then maybe I'll try skiing.  If not this year, definitely next year!!!  I live in the Pocono's for crying out loud, I've got to ski again some time!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

bubble273
on 12/27/08 11:39 am - Levittown, PA

WOW, Kim....that is sooooooooo awesome!!!  Good for you.  I love the fact that your boys' mouths were just draw dropped!!!!  What an accomplishment.  Keep up the awesome work!!

Karen

rivardstarr
on 12/27/08 9:39 pm - phoenixville, PA
Kim,
I'm glad you had such a blast, both for yourself, as as a family doing something fun with your boys. Exercising can seem like such a chore at times, but like you said, wow, what a payoff! I hope you get to ski more this winter!
Chris
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views