BREAKING NEWS: WLS Senior Citizen has WOW moment!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 1:06 pm - Poconos, PA
I don't normally do this sort of thing so I will apologize now if anyone feels I'm being an attention ***** but I'm soooooo excited & I said to myself, "Self? Who can you share this moment with that will understand & appreciate it for what it's for?" My OH family was the obvious choice.

So here we go - I ran over to Old Navy on Tuesday night to see if I could pick up a pair jeans at a decent price. It was 2 days before xmas so I figured there had to be some sort of sale going on right? Anywho, I'm checking out the gigantic shelf o' jeans but nothing was jumping out at me. Then I just happened to look over & there they were hanging on the rack - a beautiful pair of light blue stone washed jeans, flared bottom legs with a cute little cuff sewn in permanently at the bottom. I don't usually buy these sort of jeans. I've always been a regular jean type of girl, boot cut at the most but these jeans were calling to me. They were begging for me to try them on. Not wanting to disappoint, it is the holidays after all, I grabbed a pair in my usual size & then said, ya know what? I've been working out lately (not trying to lose more weight but trying to gain and tone my muscles) & I'm feeling a little gutsy tonight so I'm gonna try on the next smallest size just to see. I grabbed the smaller size & trekked my way over to the fitting room. I took a deep breath as I slowly pulled them up while at the same time saying a prayer that I will actually be able to pull them up over my loose caboose, get the zipper all the way up & hope they're not soooo tight that I end up cutting off my circulation, I'm unable to breath & end up passing out. Don't you love the dramatics in this story? lol.

Well...THEY FIT & they fit FANTASTIC!! They went on with no trouble, they weren't tight at all & I was able to sit down and breath without any problem what so ever (always a plus..lol)!! What size were they you ask? I'll tell you in a second but first, keep in mind that I used to wear a TIGHT size 32 jean from The Avenue. These jeans however? They are a size 2!!! The girl who was almost 400 lbs now wears a freakin size 2!! When I put those jeans on & saw that they fit me so well, all I could do was think about where I started & how far my journey has brought me. My eyes started to fill up & I was this close < > to crying like a baby but I held it together.

Ya know, for me it's not about numbers. I honestly could care less what the scale shows or what the tag on my clothes say. I'm more concerned with feeling and being healthy but I think the biggest part of all this was that here I am almost 6 years out from surgery and I am still able to succeed. I surpassed not only my surgeons weight loss goal but my own weight loss goal. I proved my surgeon and many others wrong when they told me how much weight I would lose or that I would most likely struggle after 5 years just to maintain. I'm in a place that I haven't been in a very looong time. I beat the odds and it's such a wonderful feeling.

I really hope this shows some of you that may be having doubts or are second guessing things that anything is possible. Don't any of you EVER give up. Don't let anyone tell you that your goals are unattainable. Don't ever think that because you're X amount of time out from surgery that the journey is over because it's not. If you want it then you can certainly make it happen.

Sorry this was soooooo long but thanks for listening and letting me share this. Big hugs for all of you!
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 1:43 pm
This is absolutely the place to share such a great wow moment!!  You've come a long way baby and you should be proud and shout your successes from the roof top!  The jeans sound groovy!!  Now you have to take a picture so we can all see.

Heather
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/08 12:12 am - Poconos, PA
THANKS SO MUCH HEATHER!!!

There are definitely days that I still can't believe how far I've come and lately I tend to get sooo choked up when things like this happen. It actually freaks me out a little because I'm usually not all emotional like that....not to mention I usually end up feeling like a complete idiot when I come strutting out of the fitting room as happy as can be and look in a mirror only to see that I have black mascara running down the entire front of my face..I often wondered why other shoppers were always giving me such strange looks...lol.

I'll definitely take a pic the next time I wear them so you can check out all the grooviness..lol.

Thanks again!
Pam Hart
on 12/26/08 4:04 pm - Easton, PA
And if anyone calls you an attention ***** - you deserve it!!

I'm actually going shopping tomorrow (well technically today now) and I just might be right there with you...which is just ridiculously scary to me.

Your post was not only hysterically funny, and obviously truthful - but as I laughed I also felt myself getting all emotional.  Now, that could be the lack of sleep I'm dealing with....but I have a feeling it's how honest and how motivational you are.  Thank you so much.

Oh - and the TITLE of your post alone made me laugh.  You are a riot there missy!  Can't wait to see you again!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/08 12:32 am - Poconos, PA
THANKS PAM!!

Part of me just felt so weird posting about a wow moment this far out from surgery but I'm actually glad I did because with any luck, I gave hope to someone who was feeling discouraged or had lost their way a little. I want them to know that if I can still succeed and have wow's 6 years later then there is no stopping them either. If I was only able to reach one person then so be it but that's one less person who's going to give up on themselves and that it makes it all the worthwhile.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the post. I tried to make it as fun and enjoyable as I could and THANK YOU for the kind words. It's so nice to know that others see you as being motivational.

Oh and good luck when you go to Old Navy today. I have no doubts that you're going to have a fantastic wow moment too!! Make sure you fill us in on it when you get back!
Pam Hart
on 12/27/08 9:35 am - Easton, PA
So....wanna go through each others closets?  I bought myself some size 2 jeans today too!!  And they look sooooooo small.  Surely they don't fit over this jiggly butt.  But they do!!

Now here's a bizzarre one for you.  (And please take this as a compliment because that's how it is meant...)  When I look at you I think to myself "she is sooooo tiny"  And yet here I am with my matching "tiny twins" and matching jeans....and I don't think I'm as small as you.  Weird.  I guess I still have a lot of catching up to do with this brain of mine.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/08 12:41 pm - Poconos, PA
YAY!!!! I am soooooooo happy for you!! Woo hoo!! Don't worry about your butt. I'm sure you look fantastic!

I understand what you're saying and what's even more bizzare is that I look at you and think "she's soooooo tiny" and I don't think I'm anywhere near as small as YOU! LOL!!! But like you said, here we are the tiny twins with our matching tiny jeans..Say, did you really get the same ones? They're great aren't they? They're sooooo comfortable and I love the fact that they're not those low rise ones where half your butt junk is hanging out. I hate that!

I think both of our brains still have alot of catching up to do that's for sure but all in good time I guess. Until then, just savor this moment! You worked hard for it and you really deserve it!

Big hugs from your tiny twin! lol
Pam Hart
on 12/27/08 10:08 pm - Easton, PA
I don't think I got the same jeans as you - I didn't find any really cute ones hanging up or anything like that.  At Old Navy I get either the "flirt" or "sweetheart" cut.  The sweetheart cut is the ones that sit the highest, and the flirt is just a little bit lower than that.  The "diva" style is the super low one.  Hubby actually wanted me to get a pair of them - but I don't think the world is ready for all that sagging skin to be hanging out.  I got two sweetheart cuts and one flirt cut I believe.

And actually the best part of yesterday was my combination of sale/gift card.  My mom had gotten me a gift card there - and with it came a 10% off total order coupon plus two $5 off coupons.  The jeans which are normally $30 were on sale for $25.  So...I got 3 pair of jeans and used the 10% off coupon on them and then I got two black shirts to go under my scrubs which were buy one get one free at $14.95 each (so $14.95 for both of them) and used my two $5 off coupons...so I got 2 shirts for 4.95 AND had a $3 balance left on the gift card which they gave me the change in cash.  So really - they handed me $3 for shopping there.  How cool?!

Pam
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 11:26 am - Poconos, PA
I love the sweetheart ones. I buy those all the time but I can't do the flirt or diva cuts. The rise on those is waaaaay too low for me and with all the loose skin I have on my tookus, it ends up being pushed up and OUT the top of the waistband...It's not pretty and I don't think anyone should be subjected to that sort of horror show. They would be in therapy for months and I don't need that hanging over my head....lol.

Wow! Between the sale, the coupons and the gift cards, you made out like a bandit! That's awesome!

I'm sooooo happy for you and your size 2's! I know you're appreciating this moment but I also know from what you said earlier that you're having a little trouble believing it so I really hope you're enjoying this moment as well. You've come so far and you certainly deserve it!
DianeMarie
on 12/26/08 5:58 pm - Delmont, PA
Wow such great news!  You are an inspiration.

Diane
Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views