lookin in the mirror

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 2:13 am
I don't avoid them like the plague anymore thats for sure.  Some days I like what I see....some days it's like looking in a carnival mirror.  We have a mirror at karate that runs the whole length of the one wall.  Some days I will look and feel that what I am seeing is "normal" like everyone else, then the next day I go back and swear I am twice as wide as I was the day before.  Store mirrors do the same thing to me...sometimes they reflect something good, sometimes not.  I am still adjusting, but a lot of the time I am content with what I see...sometimes even happy!

Enjoy it....be proud of all you have accomplished,.  You look fantastic!

HG
ktreavis
on 12/28/08 9:06 am - PA
  Thanks everybody...just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I am gaining self-confidence everyday and trying not to become big-headed with it. Thanks again....Katie

Progress not perfection

jojobear98
on 12/28/08 8:24 pm, edited 12/28/08 8:24 pm - Gettysburg, PA
I avoid them. I look long enough to get my hair up for the day or to make sure my muffin top isn't creeping out.

I must be the odd one in the bunch. I am happy about how I feel since weight loss but not how I look. I am not comfortable with my looks and have issues with it. <<<<<<< therapy needed! LOL

But I admire all of you who enjoy the mirror thing. Maybe one day I will get there. Although I would think after 4 years post-op, I would be able to by now! LOL

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Laureen S.
on 12/28/08 9:51 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Katie,

Just want to tell you that even when I was a bigger person I had some vanity, as in making sure I always put make-up on and tried dressing trendy for my size then, the only exception being when I was in a depressed state, anyway, I used to shy away from mirrors, other than when I first got dressed or put on my make-up, now I find when I pass one I am amazed at what I see, so I think it's pretty cool and don't go judging what you are doing, what is selfish about liking what you see in the mirror?  Enjoy the new you, you've certainly earned the right to.

Hugs, Laureen 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/08 10:04 pm - Eastern, PA
I know of a certain guy who flexes like a madman after an hour in the weight room.

Forget his name at the moment.
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/08 12:36 am
I will admit here that YES I AMA MIRROR LOOKER!

On the way into work I walk pass the store next to us and look at my self side ways every single day then smile. At home I will look the mirrors as I pass by. In stores I try clothes on I have no intention of buying to look how it looks in the 3 way mirror. The draw back to this one is I like how the clothes look and end up buying them! 
Plus I love posing for pictures then I just keep looking at them! 

So if I am vain so be it ...gotta go I hear amirro calling my name! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views