Eating more..Eating Less...

DianeMarie
on 12/26/08 5:34 am - Delmont, PA
Was wondering if anyone has days where they can eat more than others (especially with the lap band).  Yesterday I ate ok.  Not much got stuck and I was even able to munch on cashews.  Today is a different story.  Last night I had to work over night.   Went in at 9PM and when I drank I noticed that even liquids felt stuck.  Came home and had a protien shake and that felt funny.  Today I am hungry but food isnt cooperating.  Tried some bean soup and it came up.  Sitting here now and sipping on chicken broth to settle my stomach and it seems to help.  Anyone else have days like this?

Can needing to go to the bathroom and being constipated cause you to feel overful?  I know.. TMI
Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Liz R.
on 12/26/08 6:32 am - Easton, PA
Diane - I am RNY not the band but YES there are days where you will eat more then others. AND if you are constipated that will make you want to eat less until you go- Pericolace is your friend! I find different days in my cycle I want to eat more too. I try to keep healthy snacks on hand at work for these sorts of days.

Hope that you are feeling better soon!

Liz
DianeMarie
on 12/26/08 7:58 am - Delmont, PA
Thanks Liz,  I think going will make things better...just waitin till it happens....LOL

Shannon O.
on 12/26/08 6:48 am - Reading, PA
yes for me... being constipated makes it hard to eat... I feel like I can't take another bite... pooped and wow there is a lot of room lol....

DianeMarie
on 12/26/08 7:59 am - Delmont, PA
LOL Shannon.  Hopefull I'll go and find that room!

Shannon O.
on 12/26/08 8:10 am - Reading, PA
someone here said to drink something hot and then something super cold and that can help move things along... for a while high doses of apple juice helped to move things a long as well... hehehe... but it is amazing what a good poop can do for ya now a days lol...

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 8:59 am - Poconos, PA
Hi Diane,

I've experience both, the band and RNY and with both, there were/are days I could/can eat more than on other days even if it was the same food, go figure. And I will go to my grave believing that constipation and the overly full feeling go hand in hand. I swear there are days when I'm so constipated that if I even think about sipping something, it's going to come right back up so who knows? Maybe you're having a hard time with food today because you're so backed up??

Just to throw some other ideas out at you though - Did you get a band fill recently? Alot of times, you'll have difficulty eating for the first X amount of days after a fill. Have you tried anything spicy that may have irritated your stomach? With the band, if your stomach gets irritated, the swelling will cause the band to tighten down and you'll have a hard time eating. Also, once you vomit the first time from something, you may be done for the day because it will cause irritation and then that's when the swelling comes into play, so on and so on.

Try to take it easy for the rest of the night. Maybe just broth and what not. You'll get through this and hopefully do better with eating tomorrow.

Feel better!
Pam Hart
on 12/26/08 5:14 pm - Easton, PA
I just wanted to add to what everyone else has already said. As you know I"m also RNY but definately have days where I feel like I could "eat a horse" (ok...so I never feel like that anymore...but definately hungrier than "normal" for me) and then there are days where one cheesestick seems like a chore to get down.   On the really bad days of eating (meaning I have trouble getting food in) I try to either A)  get a protein shake down to increase the protein or B) I end up grazing all day.  Now...this is NOT a good habit to get into...but on days where I'm not meeting protein goals...I do it.  And I graze on protein, not carbs...so I "justify" it in my head for those times.

Oh - and ABSOLUTELY when I am constipated I can't eat as much.  Peri colace is definately a friend!!!

Glad there were a few banders able to answer your question, too!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 12/26/08 5:54 pm - Delmont, PA
I'll have to give the Peri colace a chance!  Thanks for all the imput guys.

Smileycons!Diane

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views