Dr. Sawyna anyone?

Lisa H.
on 12/26/08 2:46 am - Whitehall, PA
Hi.. I'm looking for others who have used Dr. Sawyna for their WLS.  I have heard great things about him from a couple of other people and on Westfield Hospital's website, as well as on the old BariLife forum that used to exist.  I just haven't seen his name on this forum anywhere and was wondering if anybody on here has used him and what they think? I have had 3 appointments with him and he seems ok.  Just wanting other people's views.   Thanks!

My tracker

hers 

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 3:46 am - Poconos, PA

Did you check the surgeon profile page? There are 2 pages of patient reviews/comments for a Dr Vitaly Sawyna in Allentown...I've never heard of him so I'm not sure if this is the same surgeon you're speaking of though. If not, try to do a search there and see if he comes up. That might help.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+p rofile+Vitaly+Sawyna+mjh.html

Lisa H.
on 12/27/08 10:17 am - Whitehall, PA
That is the right doctor.  Thanks.   I have seen those comments before, but they seem to be a little dated. I'm sure he is still just as good as they say he is.  I have gotten a good feeling from him.  I am now less than 2 months away from my date and cannot wait!

My tracker

hers 

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/08 12:49 pm - Poconos, PA
The most important thing is that you're comfortable with him and you have faith in him. You don't seem to have any doubts so that's definitely a good thing. If you still want to get feedback on him though, you may want to try posting on the RNY or even the main board.. There very well could be a good number of his current patients on those boards and maybe they just don't frequent the PA board and that's why you didn't get any responses. Just an idea of course.

The next 2 months are going to fly by and then you're in for the ride of your life. Enjoy it!

Good luck to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views