Asthma issues

Shannon O.
on 12/26/08 4:04 am - Reading, PA
Well since Thanksgiving I have been sick... first it was a sinus infection... then a skin yeast infection then a cold on top of the sinus infection and then a bladder infection (can we say what the heck now..) and on Weds this horrible barking cough flaired up... yesterday I spent most of the day coughing and peeing myself I was coughing so hard... I knew something wasn't right when cough suppressants weren't working... but making them worse...

So, I went into the doc today and he said my cough was an asthmaic cough... what I find funny is that my asthma has improved since losing weight... but since it has gotten colder (late October) my asthma has gotten worse... I was put back on advair and singlair... and now I have to get a nebulizer...

Why am I posting this... because some things do get better after losing weight and some things can get bad fast no matter what... so if something doesn't seem right... go see your doctor... right now we are trying to figure out if my new job is adding to this issue... aka new contruction and an indoor pool fumes...

But, I hope everyone had a great Christmas... but I am off to find food I can chew and not choke on while chewing if a coughing fit hits...

Nicole0216
on 12/26/08 6:14 am - Lancaster, PA
i was going to say being around all those kids in the day care and people in the store is like a petri dish. But i guess most of what you have isnt contagious.. I am glad you went to the doctor and got the asthma tx. That can definately get bad and very dangerous
Shannon O.
on 12/26/08 6:52 am - Reading, PA
well we have been really proactive in spraying down toys etc... I would love to get an air purifier for the room... but since they don't even have the tv mounted yet for the room I think the purifier will be an after thought for a while... lol...

Patricia R.
on 12/26/08 2:48 pm - Perry, MI
Hey there,
I am an asthma sufferer, and I have had episodes less frequently since my surgery, but more intensely, if that makes any sense.  I have really bad sinuses.  I have even had surgery.  My allergies are worse lately, and I am ready to part with the fur balls that I live with, to get a different fur ball.  Anywho, last Spring, I had bronchitis for about two months, not realizing it was my asthma.  This Fall/Winter, I have had a bad sinus infection for that long.  I think the only reason it did not develop into asthmas was that the doctor automatically put me on the Medrol Dosepack every time I was sick with the sinuses. 

I have a small room air filter.  It is about the size of a tiny table.  It does a good job.

Hang in there.  Be sure to take care of yourself and drink a lot of fluids. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Shannon O.
on 12/27/08 1:41 am - Reading, PA
I'm ready to get an air fliter machine for the house... well bedroom and living room... but need to wait a little longer money wise... I'm hoping by Feb I can get at least a good sized one... but maybe I can get a small cheap on the 31st (pay day) for now... and just move it upstais when I am sleeping etc... lol... who made your machine?

I haven't heard of the Medrol Dosepack... but then again I am allergic to a lot of antibotics... so it could be what I am allergic too... I'm to see an allergist again to do drug allergy testing to see if I am still allergic to things like sulfa drugs or not...

I am really pushing fluids today because I spent the whole night sweating and sweating and sweating some more... I called my doc and he was super happy I was sweating like that... said ya can get rid of a lot of nasty things that way... but I need to finish washing the bedding because it reaks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views