Merry Christmas Roll Call

ktreavis
on 12/24/08 7:26 pm - PA
Good Morning Everyone,

I haven't had a chance to post roll call in a while, but I don't have to deliver newspapers today and I am of course WIDE awake.
Today will be a lot of relaxing at home. When my niece wakes up we will be having breakfast and opening gifts. A few family members will be over for breakfast but it will just my family by the afternoon and evening. I will be helping mom with dinner for tonight and just relaxing.
This is our first Christmas since my brother passed away so it is definitely different. But I am thankful that we are in a different home to celebrate and not haunted by the old traditions and old memories. In fact, we created so me new ones last night. Hope you all have a WONDERFUL day.

Merry Christmas to my wonderful friends.

Katie

Progress not perfection

Arlene E.
on 12/24/08 7:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning Katie and PA

Merry Christmas to you and to all who celebrate this day.  Katie, I'm sure it is difficult this first year without your brother.  Like you said, you will have new memories to cherish.  I wish you and your family a beautiful Christmas.

Being Jewish, I guess I will follow in the tradition and go to the movies with friends and then for Chinese food.  

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!!

love, arlene 

lauraanne715
on 12/24/08 8:04 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning Katie and Everyone!!

Merry Christmas to everyone who is celebrating today!!!

Katie--you are in my thoughts and prayers today and although today will be difficult it is good that you are starting new traditions and making new memories,

Today has us heading off to church and then to my brother's house for Christmas dinner.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Patricia R.
on 12/24/08 8:38 pm - Perry, MI
Merry Christmas Katie, and Everyone,
I am right there with you about the first Christmas without your brother.  It is ours without my brother Jack, and our third without my brother, Neil.

For me, it is my first Christmas with all of my children away for the day.  I am so grateful that they were all here Saturday and that we had our Christmas celebration then.  So, today we are having dinner here, and probably playing Scrabble. 

I hope you are all enjoying this holiday.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

shoutjoy
on 12/24/08 8:42 pm - Culpeper, VA

Good morning everyone!  Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Soon, I need to get moving and get my crock pot going.  After Thanksgiving, I decided I wasn't going to put myself through all that again.  So it is an all in one dinner.  We are out here alone this year.  We are inviting a young man that we know over for dinner.  He seriously needs some TLC.  I have to do a little cleaning too.

Question, those who decorate, how long do you keep them up and why?  I am always curious.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Jackie W.
on 12/25/08 5:16 am
"Question, those who decorate, how long do you keep them up and why?  I am always curious."

We usually take ours down the weekend after New Years (outside stuff comes down when its not frozen).  Why, because the weekend after Christmas is a bit too soon for me.  But a week of having stuff laying in the living room is more than enough!!  And by that time the tree is just about done (we do a real tree)!!

One of the girls I work with takes all there stuff down the day after Christmas!!  She said its because they want to start the new year clean and clutter free!!

How long do you normally keep stuff up?

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

shoutjoy
on 12/25/08 7:12 am - Culpeper, VA
I'd like to take it down after Christmas because that is why we have it up.  Starting the New Year "clean" is a good idea.  My hubby thinks otherwise.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

CherylT
on 12/24/08 10:49 pm - Perkasie, PA
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

I got a nice birthday and Christmas present this morning. I get on the scale, and I'm thinkin' :

"OK, you're gonna get on, and just accept whatever it says. You've been sick, you haven't been able to workout, you been sampling gingerbread house candy, if it's back in the 200's don't be suprised. (The last time I weighed in, I was 197.) It's Christmas, you gotta record what you weigh today and where you've come, and where you are goinng....etc. etc... "

all this is going through my head.

So, I get on and it says 193.6.

WHAT?!!

Ok, that's gotta be wrong. I get on again.

WTH?

Well, happy birthday and merry merry to me!

I haven't weighed this low in eight years!!

Merry Christmas and Love to you all. Have a wonderful and safe holiday!

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/08 11:00 pm
Is today your birthday???  Have a happy happy BD!!  Congrats on the 193.6!! 

HG
Patricia R.
on 12/24/08 11:48 pm - Perry, MI
    Happy Birthday, Cheryl!!!  I believe that people born on Christmas are special.  Hope your day is just like you...special. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views