***Friday Roll Call***

CherylT
on 12/26/08 12:26 am - Perkasie, PA

thanks Trish. My ex and my son also get sinus troubles. I hear they are awlful. I am hoping this is just a cold and not the flu. although I did get my flu shot. I ache and just want to sleep sleep sleep. There's so much I want to do, housework, errands to run, books to read, home improvement projects I want to start.....and I want to get them done while I'm on semester break now. I just sit and think about all I wanna do because I'm too sick and weak to do them.

At least I'm not hungry. My stuffed head took any kind of hunger away.

(deactivated member)
on 12/25/08 11:06 pm
Good morning everyone!  Glad to hear everyone had a nice holiday with their families.  I am going to look into the fleece lined jeans Pam got!!  There is an LL Bean store in the Easton/Bethlehem area....center valley maybe?  I will have to call and see if they carry them.

I spent the morning and early afternoon yesterday doing laundry and cleaning...what a fun way to spend Christmas morning LOL.  In the afternoon I went to my parents.  The kids were cute and so excited the gift giving did not end with what Santa brought earlier in the morning.  I ended up falling asleep on the sofa in front of the fire and spent the night. 

Today I am going with my dad to take my grandmother back to NJ, then we are heading down to Wilmington so he can buy a new TV.  I have an SUV, so I offered to drive because a big TV wont fit into any of their cars and I don't think he wanted to put a TV into the back of his truck.  Hopefully I can fit in my chest xray and my nails some time today. 

Have a good one everyone!

HG
Pam Hart
on 12/25/08 11:32 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks for the tip on the LL Bean store...although something is telling me I should stay away from it!  LOL

Just as an aside on the jeans...if you end up ordering from the catalog...I generally wear a size 4...so that's what mom ordered me (and they fit)  However...based on MEASUREMENTS they said I should have been a size 12??  I have a 29 - 30 inch waist...and they said their size 4 was 25 inches but both me and mom knew that I wasn't a size 12.  She orders from them all the time and the sizes are "real" meaning whatever she buys in other stores, thats what she buys at LL Bean and they fit the same.

The fleece seems "thin" when you feel them just with your hands....and you think "well this won't do jack for me" but when you put them on....it's a totally different feeling.  Not only was I warmer in the house but I went outside to bring things out to the car - and it was a "wind barrier" - the cold didn't go right through me.  I just might have to live in them until the spring thaw!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
CherylT
on 12/25/08 11:40 pm - Perkasie, PA
OH BOY, that LL Bean store....THAT WHOLE OUTDOOR MALL is one of my favorite places in the world....lol. I haven't been there much post - op.....but if I had money, oh baby I'd go crazy.

Go and check it out...there may be mad sales right now, and the Rave movie theatre that they have there is AWESOME too.

CLICKY:

http://www.thepromenadeshopsatsauconvalley.com/index.cfm

Nicole0216
on 12/26/08 12:58 am - Lancaster, PA
i could be wrong but  i think lancaster has an LL BEan outlet
Lisa H.
on 12/25/08 11:49 pm - Whitehall, PA
Hello all.. here I am back at work again.  It is really not cool that we didn't get the long weekend like most of the rest of the world.  My husband even got the day off today and he never has off.   So, off he went to New York alone and left me with my daughter who does not have school or anything to do.  Would have been nice for him to make plans with her instead of going off on his own, but that's the way he can be.  That's why I have listened to the advise of my Psych and lowered my expectations so I don't get disappointed. 

Anyhooo.. the  LL Bean store is in the Promenade Shops in Center Valley for anyone interested.  If you are coming from the Philly area, just go on 309 N and after you pass the sign for 378 outside of Coopersburg you will see signs for them on the right.  There are a lot of great stores there.   I need to head there at some point in the next week because my daughter got a certificate for a FREE pair of sneakers from New Balance just for running in a 5k that they sponsored.  Pretty cool!  The Rave theater is also pretty cool as was mentioned. 

Have fun doing whatever you are doing today and think of me as I sit here working for at least the next 5 hours.

My tracker

hers 

MsDeniseinPA
on 12/26/08 12:46 am - PA
Happy Friday everyone.

Today has us finding places to store all the toys the kids got yesterday.  Plus packing for our weekend trip back to NY to see my family.  Fortunately, I bought all their presents online and had them mailed directly so we don't have to worry about those.

Kids are drving us nuts wanting to open everything at once.
Nicole0216
on 12/26/08 1:00 am - Lancaster, PA
slept late today. trying to rest as much as possible so i can stand work. I am heading in to work tonight, jason is going to drive me to make it a bit easier for me. we may stop by the hershey outlet first for a starbucks and a look around. other than that not much going on. just trying to deal with swelll hell
retta0426
on 12/26/08 2:01 am - Middletown, PA
Good afternoon everyone,
Today has me sitting at my desk at work with the WORST headache you can imagine.  I missed breakfast this morning because I overslept, so that started the headache. As soon as I got to work, I made some oatmeal, thinking that would solve the problem, it didn't. I'm heading to lunch in a few minutes, hoping the short nap I'm going to take will help get rid of this horrible pain.
Tonight I'm not doing much of anything, paying a couple bills, then just hanging out with Ms. Addison who has so many new toys, she doesn't know which to play with now. My son bought her a toy drum set that I'll be hiding for tonight and will give back to her once the headache is gone. (I know, I'm mean, but that's life and she has NO clue that it's even going to be gone for a day!)
have a great one everyone.
Liz R.
on 12/26/08 2:48 am - Easton, PA
Good Morning gang! Hope that everyone had a very merry Christmas! Ours was great. It was an "electronic" kind of CHristmas so I am working on figuring things out at the moment - not my strongest suit! lol  I did get a new laptop so I will be checking the boards more at night now! I went out this morning to Kohl's and super wal-mart and got some TERIFFIC deals! I had to get a wireless router so that I cna play on the internet anywhere int he house, came home with a terrible migrane to go with my empty wallet so I laid down to take a nap - got up around noon and cleaned the kitchen. Now I am going to go have some lunch and clean a bit. My grandmother, Aunt and 3 cousins are going to stop over later today. Looking forward to that.

WEll have a great day all!!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views