Time beween consulation and sugery

ads2e
on 12/24/08 10:21 pm - Washington, DC
Hi. I'm just wondering, how long does it generally take between your initial consultation with Dr. Meilahn and your surgery? I know it differs for every person, but I am trying to get an estimate by seeing how long it took other people. FYI: I don't expect any unusual hold-ups on the insurance end. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ready4 AChange
on 12/25/08 1:28 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Hi,
I did not have that doctor and everyone is different. I had Dr. Cha at Crozer ( he isn't there anymore) My firs consultation was May 2 and I had my surgery the end of Sept. I do have to say that this was the longest 4 months I think I ever waited for.
Just want to wish you good luck and have a Happy Holiday.
Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

CherylT
on 12/25/08 8:54 am - Perkasie, PA

Hi there,

I believe iirc it was about three months, maybe four. I had Dr. Marymor at Barix.

Good luck.

Melanie B.
on 12/25/08 11:07 am - Doylestown, PA
I had Dr. Marymor at Barix as well. My consult was on 6/3 and surgery was 8/25- so about 85 days.

Stephanie Y.
on 12/25/08 12:29 pm - East Greenville, PA
I am a patient of Dr. Boe from Barix also.  My husband and I had our first apointments in late May and I had my surg 11/13/08 and my husband 12/22/2008.  No problems with insurance.  we just had to get some medical stuff fixed before surgery.

Good luck with your surgery.  It already has been a fantastic ride.  I can not wait to hit goal weight!

Happy Holidays

Patricia R.
on 12/25/08 2:12 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there,
I had my consultation on June 1st and my surgery three months later on August 28th.  I have Personal Choice insurance and had no problems with that, but that was also two years ago.

Good luck,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 12/25/08 9:57 pm - Easton, PA
I am odd (wo)man out here.  Due to problems at Barix and then problems with my family...my consult was 1/30/07 and surgery was 10/30/07 so 10mos to the day.  Like I said...there were problems on both ends and when I started having family problems, I did not do any follow up work with Barix what so ever....so I cold have gotten it done sooner had I paid attention to it.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jjs1981
on 12/26/08 4:36 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA
I got you beat! Due to some problems at Barix, my consult initial consult was with Dr. Brader in June of 2006 and my surgery ended up being in December of 2007 with Dr. Pupkova- a full 18 month gap!! Sticking it out and rolling with the punches was still the best decision I've ever made, but I'd much rather have had the surgery sooner rather than later.

Consult           Day of Surgery          Currently        Goal
 282lbs                270lbs                     168lbs          165lbs?
2/7/2007          12/7/2007                  10/18/2008

IdaMae D.
on 12/25/08 10:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
My husband had his surgery with Dr. Kowalski also @ Temple in 2006. Dr. Kowalski has since moved to Jeanes and I've begun my journey. I went to the information session and we were told that it takes approximatily 3 months from first consultation to the actual surgery.
I'm not sure if Dr. Meliahn is the same but considering he's also with Temple probably about the same timeline I'd imagine.

IdaMae

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 4:10 pm - PA
I'm an Einstein Bariatrics patient, so I can speak to the length of process with them. I wanted the process to go so much faster, but with work and life's other challenges, it took 4 months from my initial consultation until my scheduled surgery date.

Sep 16th - First consultation with Einstein Bariatrics to discuss lap-band and RNY with myself and my spouse.
Sep 29th - First appointment with my general practitioner to discuss bariatric surgery options and begin a 4th medically-supervised weight loss effort
Oct 2nd - Outpatient testing to check for osteoarthritist (a co-morbidity)
Oct 27th - Second appointment with general practitioner to check on weight loss effort; ask for letter of support for bariatric surgery to provide to my insurer
Oct 28th - Second appointment with Einstein Bariatrics for nutritional counseling, exercise counseling, and psychological assessment
Oct 31st - Outpatient testing -- chest x-ray
Nov 7th - Outpatient testing - blood-work
Nov 17th - All testing completed and Einstein Bariatric submits my file to my insurer for pre-approval.
Nov 21st - Insurer approves RNY on first request.
Dec 18th - Pre-operative testing and consultation with Einstein Bariatric
Jan 9th - RNY surgery scheduled for this date.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views