Christmas Eve outfit...

Liz R.
on 12/23/08 8:25 pm - Easton, PA
OK so I got up and got dressed this morning in my fiercest jeans and a black turtleneck,  I then slipped on a nice red satiny shirt with these flouncy sleeves, like a cap sleeve but 2 layers and a little ruffly. Chris had to get up early this morning as he is working the day shift and getting out at noon because of the holiday. Well he told me that I looked great - his "Christmas Elf" but I can't help but feel self conscious! Anyone else feel this way? I am not sure if it is just the fact that I am more dressed up at work then I usually am or I am just not feeling comfortable in my skin.... Ugh. I guess I'll get the truly honest opinion when I get to my Aunt's later today!

Thanks for reading my babble!

Liz
jojobear98
on 12/23/08 8:31 pm - Gettysburg, PA
You are probably being self concious. That's an everyday feeling for me so I can pick it out a mile away! I wear freaking scrubs to work and still feel that way! LOL

It sounds like you look wonderful and to get a compliment from DH is a bonus! At least it would be in my house. LOL

Feel good about yourself, and enjoy your day!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Liz R.
on 12/23/08 8:32 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Jo :)
keri2008
on 12/23/08 8:39 pm - PA
It sounds like you looked very pretty, and a little whimsical with the "flounce".  Maybe that's something you're not used to?  I know that I feel EXTREMELY self conscious in flouncy, flowy things - but I know not to trust my interpretation because it's VERY subjective.  It sounds like you look lovely, trust the DH!

Keri
Liz R.
on 12/23/08 8:41 pm - Easton, PA
Keri - Thanks so much, I think that it is the "flowy" that I am not used to, especially at work. The one woman who is "up on fashion" that I usually rely on is off today. lol guess I am on my own! 

Thanks agian!

Liz
Liz R.
on 12/23/08 9:07 pm - Easton, PA
Alright, well I just went down to the shop to handout their Holiday cards and some cookies to each of the guys and I got about 10 comliments from them about how nice and festive  I look, even my boss said something! Starting to feel a little better now but still self conscious! Thanks everyone for the support!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 12/23/08 10:16 pm - Easton, PA
I'm glad you said you were gonna try to get a picture posted cause I sooooo want to see the outfit!  It sounds WONDERFUL!!!  And for Chris to say something first thing in the early morning, if he is anything like Brian, MUST mean you look fabulous!!  I'm sure it's a combination of being more dressed up at work than usual and also not feeling real comfortable in your own skin.  Flaunt it, baby!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/23/08 10:41 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Pam - yes I was surprised that Chris was up let alone with a compliment! I will post a pic.

I have on my grandmother's necklace today too which always makes me feel better. My Dad gave it to her the first Christmas he was out of the marines (1972) and she gave it to me a few years ago (2000) for Christmas) it is supposed to be the view standing on the moon looking at the earth. There are gold flecks for stars and the "earth" is an opal. It is all in this 1/2 oval "bubble" - I'll take a pic of that too - hard to describe.

Thanks again sweetie! Glad you made it home safely - I was thinking about you on my way in this morning.
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/08 9:27 pm
Liz...I am sure you look absolutely stunning! 

HG
Liz R.
on 12/23/08 9:29 pm - Easton, PA
aww Thanks Heather :) I'll try and post a photo of said outfit after Christmas, I'll have someone take my pic at the party tonight.

Merry Christmas!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views