***Christmas Eve/WednesdayRoll Call***

Pam Hart
on 12/23/08 10:09 pm - Easton, PA
Well happy happy bday keri!  Enjoy your day of pampering - you deserve it!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 12/23/08 11:47 pm - Pottstown, PA

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Keri!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Celebrate and enjoy your day!!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Lisa H.
on 12/23/08 9:28 pm - Whitehall, PA
Hello all.. I too am working on this December 24.  I do not celebrate Christmas, so I don't mind so much that I have to work on the holiday.   What I do mind is that we have a full day today, have off tomorrow and then have to work again on Friday. Plus, we have mandatory OT at this time of the year.   I work from home, so that is a major benefit, especially on a really icy day like today.  My 10 year old daughter is home from school starting today until Jan 5.  This ought to be a real treat!  She is already complaining of boredom and she's only been awake for about an hour.  Hopefully she can find someone in the neighborhood to play with so she is not trapped in the house while I work. 

I am volunteering my time at a local nursing home for 2 hours tonight at the reception desk, so the regular girl can spend Christmas with her family & friends.   Tomorrow, the local Jewish community is having an ice skating Chanukah party  so we will be going to that and then probably out for  Chinese food for dinner.  (that's what we do on Christmas, if you were wondering. LOL)  If there was no ice skating, it would be movies and chinese food.  Check out YouTube for a really funny and true song about this topic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JZcKtiOjig  

Anyhow, this is my last holiday season before my surgery.  My date is 2/23/09 as long as all goes well.  I have seen the surgeon 3x, the dietitian 2x and been for a few psych appointments, so insurance should not be a problem.  Blue Cross requires BMI over 40 in order to be approved with no comorbities, which I am lucky enough to be.  I say that I am a healthy fat person.  My surgeon says that there should be no problems and I am a perfect surgery candidate.  I have one more appointment with the surgeon before the preadmission testing and surgery itself.  It seems like the date will never get here.  But, I try to be patient and just take it day by day.  I have great friends and family who will support me once I have the surgery so I am very lucky!

I wish you all the very best this holiday season and can't wait to join you on the loser's bench as you all call it!

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 12/23/08 9:35 pm - Easton, PA
Believe me - time will fly! You will be on your road to recovery and loosing weight before you know it! I got my date just before Christmas 2 years ago and it seems like yesterday!

Best of luck on the journey!

Liz
bethmal
on 12/23/08 9:34 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
Good Morning Pam and PAers,

Right now, I am drinking my coffee and checking the boards.  Today, I am going to my parent's house to make food for our traditional Christmas Eve feast... I watched my brother make his crab cakes last night.  He makes the best crab cakes in the world - lol!  We always have a ton of seafood on Christmas Eve and my mouth is already watering... shrimp, scallops, lobsters...  OK, enough of that.  Then I have to run to the market to pick up the fruit tray.  I am so thankful that I have been off since last Friday to help my family do all of their last minute shopping and get ready for Christmas.

Every year my family adopts a family for Christmas.  Yesterday, my sister-in-law, nieces and I went to deliver the gifts.  The two youngest children were taking a nap when we got there but the 12 year old was so excited.  Short story - mom is blind, 3 kids living on $458 a month.  They didn't even have a Christmas tree!  The mom said the kids haven't asked for a thing for Christmas and had no clue we were going to do this for them.  The mom was so thankful for everything - that is what giving is all about.  I left there feeling like I was the most blessed person on the planet.  This is the first year I got to help take the presents to the family and I can't wait to do it again next year.  It truly made me appreciate everything that I have in my life.  Anyway, thank you PA for adopting this MD girl into your family.

As already stated above, have a very Merry Christmas, Happy  Hanukkah and Happy Kwanzaa!  Remember to take time to embrace the "gifts" of this very special time of year.

Beth

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/08 9:40 pm
That's a great thing your family did for the woman and her kids.  We have done that here at the office a few times, but never got to actually meet the familys.  Have a great Christmas and I hope your 2009 brings you much happiness!

HG
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/08 9:56 pm
Good morning all!  Happy holidays.

I am at work today.  The drive in wasn't too bad.  My driveway and road were the worse part..an sheet of ice.  After that it was just wet roads and the people that felt the need to drive 15 miles an hour and hold up everyone else.  If you are that uncomfortable driving in rain, then stay home!!!   Of course, then you also get the jackasses that feel they need to drive like maniacs because they are in big trucks.  I have 4 wheel drive too, but I know when to slow down in iffy conditions, but I also know how to NOT drive at a snails pace.  My friend's ex-husband totaled his car on the turnpike somewhere around Morgantown.  He admitted he was one of those people that was going TOO fast , hit a patch of ice and slammed into a truck.  Luckly, no one was seriously injured.  Ok...enough grumping for today LOL  You know....I really should be the only one on the roads since I AM the only one that knows how to drive

We close the office at 1:00 on Christmas and New Years Eve.  Once I get done here, I am going to do my Christmas shopping for the dogs....they are VERY excited about Santa coming tonight   After that, I am going to get my nails done.  Tonight I plan on cleaning and doing a load of laundry.  I also need to do some baking.  I didn't put up a tree or do any decorating this year, so it really doesnt feel like Christmas is tomorrow.  I am ready to see 2008 go and a new year begin. 
Have a great day.  Stay safe on the roads.!!

HG
Liz R.
on 12/23/08 10:07 pm - Easton, PA
If I were santa I think that I might be a little scared to come to your house! Your babies look a bit um intimidating!

I am sure that Santa is safe - afterall, they know he brings the goods!
Pam Hart
on 12/23/08 10:30 pm - Easton, PA
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bethmal
on 12/23/08 10:45 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
Heather - I am right there with you... can't wait to put 2008 behind me and look forward to 2009.  I don't really "do" resolutions but this year I have a few things I am working towards.  I hope you, your family and the dogs have a fantastic holiday.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views