***Frigid Tuesday Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 12/22/08 1:17 pm - Perry, MI
Good Freezing Morning Everyone,
What a wicked cold spell we are having.  Ugh. 

I had a blast at dinner with my Mom, daughter, sister and of course the Munchkin.  We went to Red Lobster, and this kid loved the lobster tank.  She would not let other kids look at it.  She stood in front of them and said, "Mine."

Anywho, Tuesday has me hanging out with the 7th graders.  We will be playing the Dreidel game in three of my classes and I am giving a test in one of them.  After that, I am running up to my ex's house to pick up my daughter and granddaughter to drive them to the airport as they must return to Michigan. 

After the trip to the airport, I hope to be able to go pick up my youngest son, as he is staying out in Oxford, and I would like him to come back for the actual Christmas holiday, even though we had our family Christmas on Saturday.

I hope you are staying warm. 

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 3:35 pm - Easton, PA
You're not kidding it's cold!!  The 30 second walk across the parking lot this evening just about froze me to death and yes I had on all my layers and what not.  I can't imagine what it will be like this morning!

Anyway - I'll be stopping for a bday card for my FIL.  Then it will be home to do the litter boxes and kiss hubby on his shaved little head and send him out the door - he is doing Christmas shopping w/ his mom and giving his dad his bday present (his bday was on Sunday) and will be out all day.  I love the man to death - but it will be nice to be home w/ just the cats and me :)  I love my quiet time.  And this way if I do wake up during the day (which is sometimes common) I don't have to listen to the "oh honey - you should be asleep" routine...yea...duh...I know that...and you saying it is not helping me go to sleep.  I know it's out of concern....

Anywho....that is it.  Back at work tonight - so nothing exciting!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 12/22/08 3:57 pm - Delmont, PA
Good morning!

Yesterday was colder here in the morning.  It was 2 degrees.  Today we've warmed up to a whopping 9 degrees!

Today I work from 5AM-1:30PM.  This is the last day I have to work before Christmas.  The store was a zoo yesterday and I expect it to be worse today.   I am expecting some of the college kids that used to work for us to stop by and visit me today.  That's always a special treat.  I get tomorrow off but have to go into work 9PM Christmas night to write my HBC order and change the sales tags in the store.

Because of work I haven't been able to finish all my Christmas shopping yet.  I'm planning to go out really early tomorrow morning and finish up.  Say some prayers for me..heh

Have a wonderful day and STAY warm!

Diane
Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 4:15 pm - Easton, PA
REAL EARLY diane....like....be online in the 9 degree weather before the doors open.  I have never been shopping on Christmas Eve...but my mom did ions ago...and it was bad then.  I will say a prayer for you.

I don't know who you need gifts for or where you need to get them from...but wouldn't a nice gift card from the store you work at be a lovely gift idea?  LOL 

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 12/22/08 5:07 pm - Delmont, PA
LOL @ giftcard Pam! I dont know if you can even get near the gift cards at our store now.  Yesterday when I looked over there was always a group of people hovering around the gift card tower.  I kept thinking of the tower as a pile of doo doo and all the people were the flies drawn to it!

It won't take me too long to shop.  I just need to grab a few electronics for the kids.  I have everything else purchased.

Thanks for the prayers though... I'll need em!

Diane
Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
litlhurry
on 12/22/08 5:15 pm - anytown, PA
Happy Frigidity..in 24 hours I will be in sunny FLA. (80 degrees today) One last crazy day with teens all hopped up on sugar and sugar everywhere..it's poison I tell ya.  Hope everyone has a wonderful meaningful holiday. Secret: I hardly ever have a clean house unless I am going on a trip--Then I am obsessive and clean clean clean.................................................................. oxoxo g
Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 5:48 pm - Easton, PA
Well - plan a trip to MY house and instead of cleaning your house before you leave, you can clean my house when you get here!  LOL  Enjoy your trip, Geri.  Now we'll miss you even more
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 9:22 pm
Is there any room in your suit case for me?  I promise I won't take up much room!!! 

Send some of that WARM Florida sun our way...we are freezing our azzes off!!  brrrr...

Have fun!

HG
dit657
on 12/22/08 8:45 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Frigid Morning back at everybody!! I've never really minded cold weather but this is getting ridiculous -- one of the biggest things I am thankful for this year is the fact that our new house (well, 3 years old now) has an attached garage so there is no window scraping, ice scraping, etc. and the car is somewhat warmer by being in there.

Late night for me last night - sisters flight didn't get in til almost 11:00 and til I got to the airport to pick them up and back then sat and chatted it was after midnight til I got to bed, and 5:20 AM comes real quick after that.

She did bring me and my mom the cutest tops - they have little pink flamingos wearing santa hats and snowflakes around the collar - too cute! She wanted me to wear mine to work today, which I did, but it is from Florida and there's not much substance to it, so I grabbed an old hoodie I keep in the closet here and have that on, too - the hoodie is about 4 sizes too big, but that's okay - I'm warm!!

Tonight should be quiet, then tomorrow the festivities begin and I'm excited about that. I think we'll have a really good Christmas with everybody around and there is a lot going on over the next week. Then they head back to Florida on the 30th taking mom with them - hopefully!!

Well stay warm everyone -- Trish, I know how hard it is to say goodbye to the Munchkin - I miss my Twinkies so much right now - holidays are always the hardest....

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
CherylT
on 12/22/08 8:51 pm - Perkasie, PA
Yes it is frigid, isn't it?! I like snow but this ice is ridiculous ----Trish when I first glanced at your thread, I read the title as "Friggin' Tuesday Roll Call". LOL! You'll have to write that sometime just for fun.

Today I have a terrible cold. I took two Dayquil---we allowed that? I hope so. ....and it is starting to kick in. I have a couple presents to wrap and I want to find a sugar free birthday cake....the kids get home early and then no school for ten days. God Bless america! I can sleep! lol.

Merry Merry and Happy Happy to Everyone. Stay warm and safe. Relax and look at the Christmas lights.

:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views