Need help with the pumpkin mousse recipe

bubble273
on 12/23/08 5:11 am - Levittown, PA
Ok...HG posted this into Patrick's post about needing a recipe.  So I snagged it and copy and pasted it into a word document.  Well, as I was seeing what I needed for the ingredients, it said two 3 1/2 oz boxes of s/f f/f vanilla pudding.  So I look in my cabinet and I have a 1 oz box and a 2 oz box.  I'm like, okay, there must be something different in the store.  So off I go to the store and low and behold there's nothing of the sort.

So am I being totally retarded here or am I missing something.  It's probably that I'm missing something from this brain of mine.  So HG if you're out there or Mary and Norm who originally posted the recipe, HELP!!!!  I want to make it for a friend's gathering on Sunday.

Thanks so much!!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/08 5:49 am

Oh yeah...i forgot all about that strange sizing.  I thought I was just a bone head for not being able to find it (like it was a cooks secret or something).  I just "adjusted" mine to get it as close as possible.  I'm not very good at following directions anyway LOL That's probably why I am a bad cook!

Good luck..

HG

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/08 5:54 am

I didn't realize that I gave Patrick the wrong recipe until I went back to look at the measurements.  This is one that uses ricotta cheese and is very yummy as well.

HG

Pumpkin Ricotta Mousse

Ingredients:

• 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (such as Libby’s®)
  • 2 Tbsp sugar-free, fat-free cheese cake instant pudding mix
  • 2 Tbsp Splenda®
  • 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice (I have no idea what this is so I don't use it...I use a little bit of vanilla instead)
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/3 cup frozen sugar-free whipped topping, thawed

Directions:
  1. In a food processor or blender, blend ricotta and pumpkin until smooth.  
  2. Add pudding mix, Splenda, Chinese Five Spice, cinnamon, and 1/3 cup cool whip.  
  3. Process until well-blended and smooth.  
  4. Remove from food processor, pour into medium bowl and fold in the final cup of cool-whip.  
  5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.  

Serve in parfait glasses; top with a dallop of whipped topping and a sprinkle of toasted almonds and cinnamon, if desired.  Tastes like fall! 

bubble273
on 12/25/08 9:02 am - Levittown, PA
Thanks, Heather.

Should I use six 1 oz boxes??  It seems like a lot.  I'm still confused.  Just hit me with a stupid stick :)

Karen

Pam Hart
on 12/25/08 10:01 pm - Easton, PA
If you are following the recipie in this thread...I'm not sure why you would use six 3 ounce boxes...it looks like just measuring out a few tablespoons from the box.  Then again...I've never made the stuff....so I don't have a clue :)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 12/25/08 10:07 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Pam,

Thanks, but it wasn't this recipe.  It was another one.  If you look for Patrick's post about needing a recipe a few days ago or last week, you will see the recipe I'm talking about.  It doesn't take much for me to get confused :)

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views