I just wanted to say HI!

Stephanie Y.
on 12/23/08 2:59 am - East Greenville, PA
Hello all of my fellow PA losers!

My name is Stephanie.(i was on once or twice before my surgery)  I had my RNY 11/13 so i am about 5 weeks post op. I had my surgery with Dr. Boe at the Barix.  He was a fantastic choice in surgeons for me.  I was 344 at surgery and i stepped on the scale this morning and was shocked to see 300 even!!  I live near the Quakertown area in Bucks county and would love to join a local group who meets in the evenings.  If someone know of one please let me know, when and where?  My husband also had RNY surgery (yesterday, 12/22) with Dr. Boer and he is feeling good.  I can not wait to get him home so we can begin this journey together!

Liz R.
on 12/23/08 3:17 am, edited 12/23/08 3:18 am - Easton, PA
Hi Stephanie! Congrats on the weight loss so far and glad to hear that hubby is doing well! I host a support group once a month that is also a WLS friendly cooking class it is on a saturday afternoon. Usually mid -month. We have another husband and wife teamt that typically attend also. We'd love to have you join us! Check back after Christmas and I will post more details - or shoot me an e-mail- [email protected].

Happy Holidays!

Liz

PS - forgot to mention that I am in Raubsville - about 30 minutes from The Wal Mart in Quakertown

Lisa H.
on 12/23/08 3:25 am - Whitehall, PA
Hi Liz, I am in Bethlehem and will be having my surgery Feb 23.   I would be interested in information about your Saturday afternoon support groups, also.  Please let me know when the next one will be and I will try to attend.  You can email me directly if you like. [email protected].  Thanks!!! 

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 12/23/08 3:30 am - Easton, PA
Alrighty! e-mailed myself a reminder and I'll send you all the info - I also post it on here many times before the actual date

Hope you can make it!!

Liz

PS - I am just at the other end of Raubsville - Hellertown Road.
Pam Hart
on 12/23/08 3:17 am - Easton, PA
Stephanie,

I remember you from awhile back!  Congratulations on both of your surgeries and welcome to a journey of a life time!  You are joining a LOT of "Barix Babies" here on OH - myself included, although my surgeon was Dr. Pupkova.

I'm not real good with where you are from as I just recently moved to Pa myself...but do you know about the barix meetings?  There are 3 of them a month.  The first one is on the FIRST SATURDAY of every month from 12-4  It is broken up into different "stage sections" for the beginning of the group (about the first 2 hours) and then a break for about 1/2 an hour, and then a "big" group discussion/support group for the last hour and a half or so.  The smaller stage groups are to give more support in a more intimiate setting.

The next one is the SECOND TUESDAY of each month at 7p.  This group is more towards pre op issues and concerns, although post ops do attend.

The other one is the THIRD WEDNESDAY of each month also at 7p.  This is geared towards post ops.

All three start in the lobby - although the first saturday group breaks up to all different areas for the more stage specific groups.

Liz R here on OH hosts a cooking class/support group at her house once a month on the weekends.  She posts the date when she can, it changes every month.  We have a great time cooking WLS friendly food and giving each other the support.  She lives in Easton, Pa.

I'm sure there are others, and maybe somebody will be able to point you into a direction of a local one.

Welcome back!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Stephanie Y.
on 12/23/08 3:26 am - East Greenville, PA
Easton is actually fantastic.  I know right where Raubsville is.  I used to work in Revere on 611.  I now work in Hellertown so i am used to the area. Yes I hope i can make one of your meetings. That would be awesome.  I will keep checking to see when your next one will be.  I will have to see if i can find a babysitter for that weekend.

Thanks for the invite!  I can not wait to meet everyone

Stephanie

Laureen S.
on 12/23/08 3:46 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Stephanie,

I remember you and want to say congratulations to you (and now your husband) on this fantastic, though sometimes bumpy road to health and well being!  Sounds like you're doing an awesome job so far and let me tell you that support is definitely the way to go forward, as no one understands more what this journey entails that others who are traveling it.  We help each other through the various stages, as well as when we hit those occasional points where we need some encouragement or sage wisdom from someone who has experience to share, not to mention recipes, jokes and friendship, it's in the support groups that are available to you, both the ones that meet at Barix and the ones some folks have in their homes, so welcome and good wishes on your continued journey.

Happy holidays!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

keri2008
on 12/23/08 7:48 pm - PA
Welcome back and congratulations to you both!!  It's a heck of a ride!  I am a Boe baby and think he is THE BEST!  This is a great board and I look forward to seeing you around posting!

Keri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views