What's your new years resolution?

Melanie B.
on 12/22/08 2:46 am - Doylestown, PA
So since "losing weight" is no longer on the table for me it's going to be;

No more starbucks (I spend $20 per week there at least)

Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 2:53 am - Easton, PA
Mine are mostly fitness oriented; I want to try a few different things to see if I like them and incorporate into a fitness routine

Yoga
Pilates

My new years resolutions also come with things I would like to get back into doing:

Horseback Riding (I used to ride all the time...)
Rollerblading (I never really did learn, and would like to)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
rita61677
on 12/22/08 3:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
I want to try some new things. Maybe take a dance class, go horseback riding or take some swimming lessons.
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 3:05 am
Mine will be to lose the last 40 pounds so I can get my plastics done.  Also a fitness goal...but i havent decided what yet.

HG
Shannon O.
on 12/22/08 4:44 am - Reading, PA
i have never done resolutions hehehe... and now I still don't have a reason to do one lol... I do have goals... my goals is to pay off more of our credit cards and go to the gym at least 3 days a week... and try to fit in some classes while I am there as well...

dit657
on 12/22/08 5:07 am - Boothwyn, PA
1. Get back into a good exercise routine - I've really let that lapse.
2. More date nights with my husband - we don't take enough time for ourselves
3. Get together with friends more often
4. Continue to utilize this incredible took I've been given to get to my goal.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
MsDeniseinPA
on 12/22/08 5:11 am - PA
1.  get into a regular exercise routine.
2.  organize my house and do some upgrades/repairs
3.  pay off bills.
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 10:05 am - Poconos, PA
I am determined to gain some muscle!! I lost ALOT of muscle along with all the "fluff" so I want to work on gaining some definition and strength. I'm just soooo unbelievably weak and sadly, I'm the pathetic lil woman you all hear about that needs her hubby to open jars for her      So I've already joined a gym and I'll be working with a personal trainer for the first half of 2009 to try and get myself in better shape

My other resolution is to do 1 thing I couldn't do before I lost all the weight and 1 thing I wouldn't do before I lost all the weight. The "wouldn't" is to go tandem sky diving. I just never thought it would be that great of an idea to have a 400 lb woman and some little 150 lb guy strapped together and falling out of the sky. Call me crazy but the word *SPLAT* just always seemed to come to mind. The "couldn't" is to hike the red trail at Bushkill Falls from start to finish without needing someone to call 911 for me. Anyone who is familiar with Bushkill Falls will understand why this is considered a great achievement but for those who don't know about it - it's a 2 1/2 hour hike UP, UP, and UP the mountain..It's really tough but I'm determined to do it because there was a time when I wasn't even able to finish the kiddie trail. John and I had visited when we were first married and both of us had a VERY DIFFICULT time walking the basic trail. We only made it halfway thru and had to turn back around from being completely exhausted and out of breath. I'm not even joking when I tell you that there were elderly folks with canes passing us by. It was humiliating to say the very least so this time, I'm taking that red trail by the horns and I'm gonna whoop it's butt!
Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 3:52 pm - Easton, PA
It sounds great, Val.  Perhaps we should get a whole group together to do this?  Unless you want to keep it personal and intimate  between "you and the mountain" - which some goals need and should be kept

Good luck with the whole skydiving thing.  I never saw the fascination of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.  If you need me, I will be your private nurse, planted firmly here on the ground!!  LOL
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/08 7:50 am - Poconos, PA

Good idea Pam! There's no one else I would rather share it with than all of you.

I'm sure there are more than a few of us that never would have been able to do that hike before surgery so it would be great to be there together, cheering eachother on as we complete a goal some of us probably never even realized we had. Let's definitely be sure we plan it once the weather gets warmer, either spring or fall though because summer is waaaaaaaaaay too hot for that kind of hiking.

Don't let the skydiving thing fool ya. It's in no way a fascination believe me. I'm actually afraid of heights...LOL.. but I want to do it for a few different reasons, none of which I'll bore the entire board with right now but 'll fill you the next time I see ya. Good to know I'll have my own private nurse though! How cool is that??

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views