hmmm, not sure I like this

Melanie B.
on 12/22/08 2:44 am - Doylestown, PA
When I google my name I show up as a Bariatric patient via the OH forum.

Not that I care, but I really would prefer that not to be public knowledge to prosepctive employers or ex-boyfriends.

Anyone know how I can un do that? Also you might want to google your own name and see if you show up.

Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 2:56 am - Easton, PA
That is a bit disturbing.

My name did not come up...I went to google, typed my name in the search bar and clicked enter.  I only looked very briefly at the first two pages, but nothing about OH came up.

However, it did come up as a facebook website, and also for a website that showed the times in the 5k some of us did on July 4th

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Melanie B.
on 12/22/08 2:58 am, edited 1/1/09 3:37 am - Doylestown, PA
google "your name" (use the quotes) and it's down twords the bottom.

wah. I want to get rid of it!

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 3:02 am

You may be able to contact google and ask them to remove the references.  I have googled myself many times...and luckly...I also share a name with an actress and a writter...so they fill up about 1,000 pages worth of google searches.  I never post my phone number or address on here....I don't want someone googling them and having it lead them to OH.  I also do not use my last name anywhere on OH....not my member name, not my display name...nothing.  If you are using your full name somewhere on here, see if you can change it to just a first name and initial.

HG

nikkib1216
on 12/22/08 5:45 am
wow i ust googled my name and how scarry.  i got  info clear  back to when i was in grade school on the honor roll.  i had to use the quotes. 
thanks for the info.

nikki

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/08 11:41 am - Poconos, PA
Hi Melanie,

You definitely want to check your account and user setting here on OH. Click on MyOH at the top there and then settings on the left hand side of the page. On the general information tab, be sure your last name is not listed there. If it is, you can delete it and that should remove you from google/OH search results.

let us know how you make out.
Ready4 AChange
on 12/27/08 4:52 am - Upper Chichester, PA
That is why I am now "Ready4Achange" instead of my real name.
I know I have a few postings with my real name but it is through Ancestry.com . If you Google my nieces hubby's name boy the stuff you will find !  

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views