Product Review - Carbquick

Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 12:53 am - Easton, PA
Soi I ordered "Carbquick" from www.netrition.com on my last order.  It is like a bisquick mix, only lower in carbs.  It comes with a bunch of recipies on the box.  I made the cheddar cheese biscuits today.

All in all, they are very good.  A bit dry, but even that isn't to noticeable.  The only thing I don't like is that they don't give you the breakdown of each individual recipie - just the plain powder.  So I have to input the recipie and see what each biscuit is worth.

Just thought I would share!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/22/08 12:57 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Pam! I'll have to check this out - I do miss biscuits on occasion. wonder how it would be to make pancakes - that is something that I really miss and bisquick doesn't always sit real well.

Thanks for the review!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 1:07 am - Easton, PA
There is a recipie on the box for pancakes and also for waffles....along with pizza crust, chicken parm, turkey vegetable pot pie.  The on the inside of the box there are recipies for:

Brownie
Cinnamon Buns
Vegetable Bellini
Muffins
Sausage Gravy
Chicken and Dumplings
Cheesecake
Berry Cobbler
Monte Cristo Sandwich
Pound Cake

I have not looked inside the box, so I'm not sure if those recipies contain sugar or anything like that

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 1:11 am - Easton, PA
Ok...so if my math was right (which I'm not saying it is...) I just calculated the recipie for the cheddar cheese biscuits.  Keep in mind, I used regular butter and the mexican blend cheese from kraft (which I believe was 2%) so if you used light butter, or made them smaller, the nutritional info would change and be less in fat.  It made TEN biscuits

Nutiritonal info in one biscuit

Calories: 117

Fat: 9.3

Carbs: 10.1

Fiber:  8.4gm

Net Carbs (This is the atkins method...you subtract dietary fiber and sugar alcohols from any nutritional info because it does not have effects of blood glucose): 1.7gm

Protein: 5.2
keri2008
on 12/22/08 2:27 am - PA
Wow.  A nurse AND a whiz mathematician!  A woman of many, many talents.  :0)  I have not ventured into new items but I when I do I am going to try that web site.  Sounds like they have a lot of yummy items that are "friendly."  Thanks!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views