Feeling Overwhelmed!!

lauraanne715
on 12/23/08 6:29 pm - Pottstown, PA
Pam-
as always you also give terrific advice to me when I am having a major freak out !! LOL

I think I will be putting my energy into remembering how much healthier I am now and how much better it is for me not to eat alll the sugary sweets!!! It is time for me to really and truly understand that I did take control and I am in control of my eating and my health.  I have to drum it into my head a few hundred times...but I will get there!! LOL

I did read your break up letter to food....and let me say ---AMAZING, THOUGHTFUL, TRUE, and INSPIRING!!!  It was really good and it really did speak to me--You should get it published!!  

Thanks for the advice!!

Luv-
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

shoutjoy
on 12/22/08 7:27 pm - Culpeper, VA
HI,

In time you will be eating almost anything.  As for now, eat what your body tolerates and enjoy it.  Your body will let you know if it doesn't like what you put in it.  Depriving yourself is only going to make you miserable.  No, dont stuff yourself with fats and sweets unless you want to be ill.  Choose foods that are good for you, tastes good and take a nibble or two of something "forbidden" just so you are not tormenting yourself.  This holiday time is for family, friends and joy and all the craziness that comes with it.  Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy your family.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

lauraanne715
on 12/23/08 6:30 pm - Pottstown, PA
Breathing in and relaxing now!!!  I am going to concentrate on all the good things--family, friends, and socialize-- not gorge myself this year!!  Thank you for the advice!!!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/08 9:49 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Just remember that you are there to spend time with your family;  it's not the food, its the love.

Put a little on your plate, and don't make a big deal of it; just tell them (if anyone asks) that you're so full you're about to POP!!

And then go on with your conversations!

It'll be a lot easier than you think.

Best wishes,
lauraanne715
on 12/23/08 6:33 pm - Pottstown, PA
I love that line--"I am about to POP!!"  LOL  That is great!!  I will def use it!!  It just reminds me that this time last year --I looked like someone could pop me I was so round!!! So I am going to focus on the family and the love and not the food!!

Thanks!!

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views