**** MONDAY ROLL CALL ****

Liz R.
on 12/21/08 8:36 pm - Easton, PA
Good MOrning all! And geez it is a cold one out there!!

I don't have anything remotely interesting planned for today, work then home to get more things ready for Christmas. To bed early because I slept terrible last night.

What are you up to today?

Keep warm!

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/08 9:02 pm

Good morning.  Gotta love short work weeks!!  I participated in a little too much holiday cheer this weekend, so I am doing my best to function with severe sleep deprivation today!  After work, I have my weekly allergy shots, then I have to meet the Mary Kay woman to pick up the stuff I ordered from that drawing I won a few weeks ago, then it is off to karate class.  I may go to the gym, but I will have to see how I am functioning by that point.  I think it would probably be in my best interest just to go home after class and go to bed.

Have a good Monday.

HG
dit657
on 12/21/08 9:02 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Yes, can you say BRRRRRRRRRRRR??? This is brutally cold, no matter who you are - bundle up everybody and stay warm!!

I'm at work today - short week- just 2 days. My sister and b-i-l arrive late tonight from FLA - boy, won't they be shocked by this weather (and not very happy, I might add!). My b-i-l plays Santa every year - starts growing his beard at Labor Day and he does make a very convincing Santa. Today he's doing a gig at Volusia County Fairgrounds where they bring children from area hospitals to see Santa - this is his first time doing something like this.

Nothing exciting on my agenda today -have to run outside right now and pick up the papers before they blow away...not looking forward to going outside!!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bubble273
on 12/21/08 9:17 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Freezing Monday morning to everyone!!!

I just took out the trash and thought I was frostbitten in 2 seconds.  I put on my gloves and my sweater jacket and ran the trash down to the curb and ran back to the house and was completely frozen.   YUCK!!!!

Anywho...I'll be taking Connor to school in about 20 minutes.  Then I'm coming back to the house to get a shower and have to head back to Connor's school at 9:30, 9:45 to do a little volunteering.  After that I'm on a mission to find a Hess truck and sugar-free chocolate chips.  After that it's picking up a few last minute Christmas gifts.  Then I'm coming home to wrap all of Connor's gifts and whatever else I can get wrapped, because I will have no time Tuesday or Wednesday, as I have to work at Macy's on Tues from 6 to 12:15 at night and then 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Christmas Eve.  So today is it to get the wrapping done and maybe a little tomorrow if I don't have any job assigments at my full-time job.

Then it will be figuring out what to cook for dinner.  Probably chicken since it's sitting in the refrigerator waiting for it to be cooked!!!

Have a great day everyone and try to stay warm.  I'm already dreading having to be in and out of the car a bunch of times today!!!!

Karen

Pam Hart
on 12/21/08 9:44 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Liz and Pa!

Liz, how did your party go this weekend?

Today I have to wrap hubby's gifts.  It's the only time I will have time to - and I also need to get him to hide in a room while I do that.  Oddly enough - that won't be all that hard.  He has a bunch of jap anime cartoons on his computer that he loves to watch...so I'm gonna tell him to sit in the den and watch his computer for awhile which he will probably do most willingly!  LOL

I slept on my shoulder/neck funny last night so I am having trouble turning my head and what not - it's amazing how much you use those muscles when you are not even thinking about it!

I also want to make some biscuits - I had bought this stuff called "Carb Quick" (Instead of Bisquick) that is low carb mix like bisquick, and I want to see how it turns out.

Then it's back to work for me tonight, 7p-7a.

Have a great day all!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/21/08 9:46 pm - Easton, PA
went OK - thanks Pam! Only 4 people showed up so Chris' brother got to go home with LOTS of leftovers... But everyone behaved and things went ok - they were all gone by 3:30 except Chris' brother who stayed with us for dinner, no big deal, he was still gone by 7 I think. Poor kid has it rough. I try and feed him when I can.

Hope that the trips to/from Jersey went OK!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 12/22/08 4:56 pm - Easton, PA
The trip TO jersey was a nightmare....it took almost 3 hours when normally it takes us about 1hr 15 or an hour 20 max.

The party was cancelled due to the weather and a lot of people being snowed in from where they were coming from - but we had a great time hanging out with just my brothers and parents and I got together with a few friends from my old work place. Then on Sunday we just hung around our house (trip home was fine) and really didn't do to much of anything - so the whole weekend was like that.  I did go out shopping at one point and I wrapped gifts - but it was nice to just "chill", (weather punn not intended...)

We are going back down on Wednesday for Christmas.  And now might be going AGAIN next Sunday because that's when the big holiday party has been postponed until.  I haven't decided about that one yet,though

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
CherylT
on 12/21/08 10:26 pm, edited 12/21/08 10:27 pm - Perkasie, PA
Hi all,

It is painfully freakin' cold!! Our sidewalks are all ice-covered--I had to walk on the street to the bus stop this morning and I could barely stand the cold even under all of my layers! Ugh. Why can't they just have the week off....

Okay end of beeyatchfest.

Today I am doin' my workout and trying not to eat anything else fattening---my breakfast choice was not the greatest today. Also have to get out to book buyback at school, my mom's and get some last presents ready.

Have a good one, guys!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views