Need your best recipe...

dawgpound215
on 12/21/08 1:58 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
I'm having some family over to my home Dec.26 and I'm looking for some help from my friends here. I want to make a WLS friendly desert. I am hoping to make something for everyone and not even tell them that its WLS-friendly. After looking in the cookbooks around here I wasn't satisfied. So I figured what better way to find something than to ask you all who have already tried/tasted something and probably have a tweak or 2 to improve on it.  So lay it on me, gimme your best of the best recipe, your ace in the hole.

-Patrick

Pam Hart
on 12/21/08 2:06 am - Easton, PA
Sugar Free Truffles

8 ounces 1/3 fat cream cheese (do not buy the whipped kind...and if you want to use full fat or fat free, those should work too.  I have used the full fat with no problems)
8 ounces sugar free chocolate chips

Beat Cream cheese until light and fluffy
Melt chocolate chips
Blend together
Place in fridge for at least one hour to harden

Roll into bite size balls.
Roll into topping of your choice

Examples for toppings:
Unsweetened coco powder blended with splenda in a food processor
Chopped peanuts
SF pudding powder
PB 2 powder
Unsweetened flaked coconut
Melted sf chocolate chips
Chopped sf chocolate chips

Return to fridge to finish setting
Serve.

I brought these to my parents house, and no one knew they were sugar free and they loved them.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/21/08 8:35 pm - Easton, PA
humm these are spreading like wild fire! lol

I was going to suggest the chocolate cake on the back on the unsweetened cocoa - I got the hersey's dark chocolate cocoa powder and made it with diabetisweet - AWESOME!!!

Truffles are great too or the peanut brittle I posted earlier last week. Humm another favorite in my house is what we affectionately call " butt dessert" because the person who came up with the recipe kept saying it was something she "pulled outta her butt" lol tastes good though, anyway it is...

crush about 1 cup of whatever cookies you like - mix with 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine. Press into the bottom of a pie pan. In a bowl mix together 1 container sour cream (fat free, reduced fat - whatever you like) add in 1 box instant pudding, any flavor. Mix well, spread over crumb crust and refridgerate about 2 hours - serve -  everyone LOVES this and no one is any the wiser that it is sugar free.
Enjoy!

Liz

PS - if you are thinking something specific let me know and I'll dig out a recipe.
Pam Hart
on 12/21/08 9:39 pm - Easton, PA
Glad the chocolate cake recipie worked out!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/08 3:53 am, edited 12/21/08 3:53 am

Pumpkin Mousse

Ingredients

Directions

1. Combine pumpkin, spice, and milk in a mixing bowl.
  2. Mix until smooth.
  3. Add pudding mix and beat for 1-2 minutes.
  4. Fold in whipped topping.
  5. Chill well before serving.
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/08 8:25 pm - Eastern, PA
Hey Patrick-

I ust masde the connection between your name on hre and they guy I met at the last Saturday meeting. I guess I'm slow!

Anyway, we eat the hell out of that Pumpkin Mousse. It's delicious.
dawgpound215
on 12/22/08 7:43 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
Yo Norm !    Dont sweat it about connection , I am infamous for doing exactly that sorta thing. That mousse does sound good and easy, actually all of these are definately serious options.

CherylT
on 12/21/08 9:21 pm - Perkasie, PA
I have no recipe but wanted to say your new avatar is great! You're doing a wonderful job!

dawgpound215
on 12/22/08 7:46 am - Philadelphia Area, PA

Hey Cheryl,  Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it. And the best part about it is that it hasnt felt like a job.

IdaMae D.
on 12/22/08 4:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
Cheese Cake (Tofu)

1 - 8 oz pkg of low fat cream cheese softened
8 oz of silken tofu
¼ c & 2 tbsp of splenda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp almond extract (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 350
Beat cream cheese and tofu till smooth
Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, continue to beat
Add sugar
Pour into a prepared graham cracker crust (low fat)
Bake for 40 min or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean
Cool, refrigerate
Serve with low fat whipped topping, fruit, or fruit sauce of your choice.

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2676 views