Cake and Vege pizza!!

retta0426
on 12/19/08 12:31 am - Middletown, PA
Ok, so the cake called my name first thing this morning and I'm dying to have a small piece!!!
One of the other girls made vege pizza, I took a piece of that instead, but the cake is yelling..
Heather, I did make sticky notes and they are attached to my pc screen. SUGAR IS THE ROOT TO ALL EVIL!!!!
Lunch is in an hour, so I'll be away from the office and away from the junk. Once I'm back from lunch, it should be easier, I'll be full and hopefully my brain will cooperate and tell me I don't need to eat anything else until I get home tonight!
ShaunainHarleysville
on 12/19/08 12:38 am - Harleysville, PA
Good job!  Food is only a mass of calories and chemicals which ultimately has no control over you.  It can't write a bad review for your annual performance, a speeding ticket or even tell you your behavior was bad.  YOU have the power and it has NONE.
Think about how a feeling of deprivation will settle over you if you do decide to eat cake when you really don't want to.  Are you deprived in NOT eating it, or are you really more deprived if you DO it it?
A life of deprivation was before surgery when you couldn't live life to the fullest and you could eat anything you wanted.  Now you choose not eat anything you want, but you live life to the fullest.  Life is about living, not deprivation.  Live it!  You are doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shauna 
Deprived?  Are you kidding?  Deprivation ended September 20th, 2005.
RNY 9/05, Plastics 9/08
Still doing it after all of these years...
retta0426
on 12/19/08 1:38 am - Middletown, PA
Thank you Shauna,
I really needed that boost this morning. I explained to one of my co-workers that most don't understand. I feel like food is my addiction. Some days I don't have to count down the hours, other days I need to count down the minutes until I can get myself out of a situation. Like today, only four and a half more hours until I can leave the office and not think about food!!
Why is it I only think about this addiction while I'm working?? Interesting.
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/08 1:43 am
The signs have been working for me so far....I am almost 23 hours sugar free!  I will admit, I have fondled the cookies...but I have NOT eaten the cookies!! 

I have the same issue with food being a problem at work...but not outside of work.  I haven't figured out why yet.

hg
ShaunainHarleysville
on 12/22/08 11:02 am - Harleysville, PA
Oh, there's a very clear reason for the issue being so big at work.  YOU are not in control at work.  At home, you do the shopping, you make the decisions as to what gets purchased, what time things get eated, what gets left around to be looked at, what gets left in cabinets.  At work, everyone else has the control.  Remember that food HAS no control over you.  It is molecular and you are an intellectual being, with opposable thumbs to boot!  You also have something over your co-workers; sound decision making skills with a healthy future...

Shauna
Deprived?  Are you kidding?  Deprivation ended September 20th, 2005.
RNY 9/05, Plastics 9/08
Still doing it after all of these years...
dit657
on 12/19/08 1:46 am - Boothwyn, PA
You're doing great and by now should have made it to lunch okay - just try to stay away from it, and I know its hard. Today our kitchen has the chocolate dipped biscotti, bags of chocolate covered pretzels, nuts, caramel popcorn - everything SWEET. Someone did get a bunch of clementines so I grabbed one of those before they were all gone and that will be my afternoon snack.

This has to be the hardest time of year - we're all being tested to the limit, but by sticking together on here we'll all make it thru without over-indulging and/or dumping on all that evil sugar crap.

Your new avitar is great!! Hang in there...the holidays and all this food will be over soon.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 12/19/08 4:43 am - Reading, PA
just think of that cake covered with worms, hair, and all kinds of icky gross things and soon you won't want it all...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views