***TGIF Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 12/18/08 1:34 pm - Perry, MI
Super Good Morning to Everyone,
It is officially Friday here.  I am up for a lot of reasons, one being I am taking a personal day tomorrow to spend the day with my Munchkin, and Daughter, who needs to finish her Pennsylvania Christmas shopping.  I am either going to be babysitting for her, while she runs around the rain we are expecting, OR, running around with her, helping her get that munchkin into the stores running between the raindrops.

I mentioned on a previous post that my daughter announced last night that she is expecting another kidlet in August.  She had my granddaughter wearing a shirt that read, "I Am The Big Sister."  That was her way of announcing my new grandchild.  I am thrilled because I can go out to Michigan and be there for the arrival and help her.

Also, Great-Grandma is in town.  I think I ticked her off tonight.  She made a comment that she was glad to hear my son from Pittsburgh is coming home this weekend, as she had no intention of mailing his gift to him if he didn't.  I commented that it was spiteful to say that.  She made some remarks about how he should be looking forward to seeing his aging grandmother.  I told her that I thought she had an entitlement attitude.  She denied it, of course.  I told her she did.  She said that when I get to her age,  I would feel the same way.  I told her that she had that attitude my entire 51 years on this earth.  She said, that nobody else feels that way.  I said, they probably do, but just keep it to themselves. 

Anywho, I am looking forward to Friday.  I hope I get some time to build a Gingerbread House I got, with the Munchkin's help of course.  This should be loads of fun.  I also have to make some Jello Jigglers for the kidlet as well.  Then, I have some cookies to bake for Saturday.  Before I do all that, I have to run over to the Salvation Army with my last load of toys.  My club at school collected 90 individual toys, and 55 filled stockings.  I also have to run to the store and get some last minute grocery items.  You know the usual stuff like Splenda and milk for coffee, as I drink mine black and the only milk in the house if fat free, which I hear is lousy in coffee.

Have an awesome Friday.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

HopefulFuture
on 12/18/08 1:45 pm - Boston, MA
Congratulations to you Trish and to your daughter!  Another munchkin for you to love and adore!!  How very exciting!!!

Lisa :) 
P.S.  The "Big Sister" shirt sounds adorable :) 

Patricia R.
on 12/18/08 1:58 pm - Perry, MI
Lisa,
It is sooooo good to see you posting.  You look great.  Hope to see more of you. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

HopefulFuture
on 12/18/08 10:40 pm - Boston, MA
Awwww, thank you so much Trish!!!

Lots of hugs back at you, 
Lisa :) 

Pam Hart
on 12/18/08 5:33 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!

Trish, enjoy your extra day off!!

I may run to the mall on the way home from work....haven't decided yet.  I also need to stop at the store and pick up some dry cat food.  Generally speaking we do not give our cats dry food - but because we are going away - and might spend two nights not just one...we are leaving bowls of dry food down for them to eat in case we don't come home Saturday as planned.  They will be thrilled, trust me.  It's like heroin for them....or pretzels for us, LOL

Once home I need to pack up cookies and what not...and toiletries for our trip (clothes are already packed as of yesterday - and coming from me, that is a HUGE accomplishment)

Then I'm hoping to be on the road by 1pm if not sooner.  We have some jersey shopping to do, and need to be at my parents no later than 5:30 as they are having a belated bday dinner for me tonight.

Tomorrow is a big party at mom's house for Christmas (hence the trip in...) for extended family members.  I can't wait!  Due to the weather and people having trouble difficulty getting out of their homes...it may be postponed until Sunday...we shall see how that works out.  Either way - I'm not sure how much posting I will be doing over the weekend.  Please all of you stay safe and warm....

Have a wonderful weekend!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 12/18/08 5:41 pm - Delmont, PA
Good morning everyone!

I woke up an hour before I had to be up...ugh.  Oh well.  It's a busy day for me.   I have to go into work at 6AM and unload and sort my order for my department and then start putting it up.  It's very physical work but I love it.  I have to leave work at 10:45 and drive to magee for my first fill.   I'm rather nervous about this.  I'm sure they are normal fears.  Can they find my port?  Will it hurt?  Will I get enough of a fill?  (I barely feel like I have any restriction at all and hope I get a pretty big fill.)  After my fill I will go back to work and stay as long as I have to so I can make up the time I missed going to Magee.

Its hard to believe Christmas is LESS than a week away.  I am NOT ready!

Diane
Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Pam Hart
on 12/18/08 5:44 pm - Easton, PA
Take a deep breath there woman!!

A "really big fill" can cause problems.  Better go a little at a time and not risk not being able to get fluids in later on....and with the weather and holidays....it could be difficult to get back in to see your doc, even on an emergency basis.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 12/18/08 6:02 pm - Delmont, PA
Pam,

I know I need to take it slow. But I'm not gaining or losing weight and It's driving me CRAZY!   I am so impatient! :snicker:

Diane

DianeMarie
on 12/18/08 5:43 pm - Delmont, PA
Congrats Grandma!  Another Munchkin to love and spoil!  (Very lucky kids)

Patricia R.
on 12/18/08 7:06 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Diane,
I am ga-ga for my first Munchkin, who does have a name.  Her name is Isabel Colleen.  My daughter's name is Colleen.  Colleen has my name for a middle name.  I started the tradition with her, and hope she continues it. 

Relax about the weight loss and fill.  You will lose the weight, just not on your terms. 

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views