Repeat after me...I will NOT eat sugar...

HopefulFuture
on 12/18/08 1:29 pm - Boston, MA
Heather, just wanted to let you know you are definitely not alone!  I too, wish that all of us that are struggling with something didn't have to.  I'd be surprised if anyone felt there wasn't anything they struggled with.  I think it's all part of this journey. 

Thinking of you, 
Lisa :) 

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 9:50 pm
thanks Lisa!  Yep, it is all part of the journey.  I am just on "Rocky Road" right now.

HG
Patricia R.
on 12/18/08 1:52 pm - Perry, MI
Heather Honey,
I love your outlook on yourself, you are so down to earth honest about yourself.  I appreciate that so much.  It gives me the courage to be honest when I decide to hide.

I have been on and off with the sugar since last Christmas.  I had been terrified to try it last year, but when I relapsed one time with alcohol, all bets were off.  What made it worse was that I did not get my usual hangover with the alcohol, which I had been successfully off for over six years.  Thte sugar made me sicker than Hell when I binged on it.

The past year, I was on and off with the sugar and alcohol.  It was like, "Flip a coin.  Which unhealthy, addiction do you want to slowly kill yourself and torture your poor, abused body with tonight?"  So, I stopped the drinking again a week ago, and now am just nibbling the stupid cookies I baked for my guests.  If I slowly nibble over the course of the evening, I don't get the frigging, dumping.  I just hinder my weight loss, and feel like a piece of the stuff we flush down the toilet about myself.

The beauty of it is, I KNOW, I can be successful, because I had done years at a time PRIOR to my surgery.  I also did it from my surgery in August on '06, to Christmas '07.

Hang in there.  I take it one day at a time, or one hour, or one minute if necessary. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 9:55 pm
Trish,

You are awesome!  Thank you for being so honest with us!  You can kick it...you are strong and you will come out on top.  We are all here for each other and I am a strong believer in putting it out there for everyone to see.  One, it helps us with what we are struggling with and two, it helps others to see that no one is perfect and that it is OK to share what is going on behind the "scenes".  No one needs to feel ashamed or hid what they are dealing with.  We ALL struggle.  We ALL have our own demons...could be cigarettes, alcohol, sugar, not taking vitamins, not eatting ENOUGH or eating junk, not exercising, etc.  Hang in there!  Like you said...one day, one hour, one minute at a time.

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views