Repeat after me...I will NOT eat sugar...

EileenWalton
on 12/18/08 3:47 am
Heather, you missed your calling.  You are like the George Carlin of WLS!

For the first time since surgery I am really struggling.  I have discovered that I can eat a whole lot more than I think I should be eating and the weight loss has come to a complete stop.  I'm not eating sugar, but I am eating larger portions of everything else.   Everyday I tell myself this is a new day and I will be more aware of what I put in my mouth, and then that whole resolve flies out the window when someone brings in little pretzel nuggets with cheese sauce.   And I promised Liz I would be good.  Sorry Liz, I'm really trying.  I seriously need to get to a support group meeting.  Haven't been able to get there for the last two months.  Hang in there Heather, we'll get back on track.
Eileen

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 4:09 am
I guess life would be boring if we didn't have our demons to keep us on our toes right?  Yes, the ability to eat more is a scarey thing.  You are right,....we will get back on track.

HG
tammypa
on 12/18/08 4:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
Heather,
You crack me up - but I am sick of this candy all over the office too.
I am so glad that I will be out of the office until the beginning of the year.
I hope they eat every cookie, candy, cake, piece of fudge, pie, ice cream, did I say cookie oh yeah I did, before I get back.
Tammy  
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 9:36 pm
I wish I didn't have to be in the office....I only took off the day after xmas and the day after NY's.....So far today, I have been an angel!!  We will see how long that lasts!

HG
SPatel4
on 12/18/08 4:53 am - Levittown, PA
Heather,
I feel you pain. I have my friend for this month and I confessed at the Barix Support meeting last night that I can tolerate the sugar. Well Shauna Doble the group leader let me have it. I was pretty upset at first because sugar is not my weakness I do not actively seek it out but since I know I can tolerate sugar I feel like I eat it all the time even though I  have only had it once. I am repeating after you I will not eat Sugar no matter what!!

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 9:37 pm
Good for you....I think there are a few of us chanting "I will not eat sugar"  I think I might get a tee shirt that says...sugar is the devil!
Arlene E.
on 12/18/08 5:32 am - Philadelphia, PA

Too funny - not really.  I was sitting here thinking how much I would like something sweet and checked in on OH.  So now I am going to get a half grapefruit instead of the candy that was calling my name.  I will have to deal with this sweet thing on Sat. night because my friends have an annual party with loads of naughty, delicious stuff.  Last year I did not have trouble but since then I've had small tastes of stuff with sugar and no problem.  Like you, Heather, I seem less able to tolerate too much sugar free stuff.  I did not torture myself to get a nice tight tummy and then keep testing myself to see how much I can eat.  

Please lend me your zapper.

Arlene 

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 9:38 pm
zapper is being sent UPS overnight!!  Good luck on Saturday night....you can resist!

HG
Pam Hart
on 12/18/08 6:34 am - Easton, PA
You have such a way with words there Miss Heather!  That post, although very serious in nature, made me laugh! 

I hope you do better, and here's to "restarting the sugar clock" and you will do fine.

I am like you - carbs were more of a demon than sugar for me pre op.  However post op...I have nibbled on sugar, lately more so than in the past 14 mos.  Yes I had 2 cookies over the course of yesterday while baking.  Granted, 2 years ago that would have been, oh, I don't know...two DOZEN cookies....but last year it was none and I was planning on this year being the same.

Hang in there....keep chanting and have people look at you funny....perhaps them looking at you funny for that is better than them seeing you unzip your pants in the hallway or feel yourself up in your new bras??

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 9:40 pm
you are right...chanting is better than the other things LOL.  So far I have been sugar free for 18 hours, 41 minutes and 5 seconds!!

Anyway...I am sweet enough WITHOUT any added sugar right? LOL

hg
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views