Repeat after me...I will NOT eat sugar...

MikeB
on 12/18/08 3:15 am - Pottstown, PA
Hey Heather hang in there. I have this problem from time to time too. Except I don't eat sugar I eat everything else. Eatsome chese wa**** down with some coffee what 10 minutes grab something else wash tht down and so on and so on.  I find it espcially hard around the holidays. not so much because of the time  of year and all of the food that is around it's just a difficult time for me.   Hang in ride it out everyday is a new day . Do more karate and hit the heavy bag I find that helps. 

Mike
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 3:25 am

Thanks Mike.  I am actually upping my classes to unlimited come January, so I will be going 4-5 times a week including a night of sparring.  Sometimes the things we do in class bring about feelings of anxiety and fear from something that happened  years ago.  This week was one of those weeks were I was getting freaked out by some of the stuff we did. I hate those feelings of panic and fear.  My hope is that the more I expose myself and allow myself to experience those feelings, the less hold they will  have over me some point down the road. 

I will try the cheese and coffee trick.  You are right...every day is a new day. 

HG

bobw215
on 12/18/08 3:15 am - levittown, PA
Please do not beat yourself up.Itold myself that SUGAR IS POISIN TO MY BODY.Compare to before surgery I have done real good.My junk food is almost down to nothing .
I too go on binges like yesterday I had a cheese steak and a few pieces of no added sugar pumpkin pie.I know I am not suppose to have it but once in awhile I do treat myself.
This time of the year is difficult but before you know it,it is over and than we can go back to normal life.
ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS And do not worry about food but the love ones around you.This year I have learn that there are more inportant things to worry about.
Happy Holidays to all my friends.
Bob
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 3:27 am
Hey Bob!  It's great to see you posting!  We miss you around here.

You are right...sugar is poison.  Two more weeks and we will be past the holidays and back to normal. 

HG
bobw215
on 12/18/08 3:47 am - levittown, PA
Hey Heather,I try to see what happening on this site atleast once a week.My crazy hours at work is some times all that I have.
I am glad that everyone is doing great.
Bob
Liz R.
on 12/18/08 3:46 am - Easton, PA
heather heather heather... you can do it! Luckily sugar makes me dump terribly so I am so afraid to indulge but the carbs are getting me! I had not one but TWO pieces of garlic bread with my salad and I feel like a swallowed a lead baloon....

Remember sugar= poison!!!!

One more week... then it will be after Christmas and we can throw all this crap out!

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 4:06 am, edited 12/18/08 4:06 am
One of  our crisis counselors just caught me in the kitchen chanting "sugar is the devil"   Good thing she already knows I am a little off my rocker.
Melanie B.
on 12/18/08 3:46 am - Doylestown, PA
I am way too terrified to try sugar, partly because I am afraid to dump and partly because I'm afraid not to dump.

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/08 4:04 am
Keep the fear....it's good to be afraid. 
Nicole0216
on 12/18/08 11:58 am - Lancaster, PA
that is my tactic. It has worked for me so far and I am over 2 years out
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views