** THURSDAY ROLL CALL **

Liz R.
on 12/17/08 7:59 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All! So we are almost through another week! Today finds me at work then FINALLY REALLY to Sears to pick up Chris' tool box and home to start prepping the house for the weekend. Chris sprung it on me last night that he would like his cousin Matt, his girlfriend Jess and their THREE kids to come saturday and spend the night so they can be with us for the open house sunday. Now I know how close these 2 boys are and they rarely get to see eachother so I am all for it - but I hate finding things out last minute! I am a big time planner.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a strange pain in my pouchie - almost felt like I was "squishing it with the way I was laying - almost got up and went to the ER but it slowly dissipated, if it happens again  I will go.

Well hope you all have a great day! Looks like some terrible weather on its way for tomorrow.

Liz
shoutjoy
on 12/17/08 8:28 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

It is a crazy time. We may be moving AGAIN to either MD, VA or NC.  My hubby lost his job last week and he has been getting calls for interviews. 

I was up at 4am.  Yawwwwwwn!

I get my hair cut today, go run some errands and that is about it.  I always start my day at prayer meeting.  It kind of resets my attitudes and thinking. 

That's about it.

Paula

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

jojobear98
on 12/17/08 8:52 pm, edited 12/17/08 8:53 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good Morning, I am at work till a little after lunch today then off to go for my ultrasound. I am excited about that.

Then tonight will be going for haircuts for the boys, picking up a few items and then home to do homework and eat dinner.

I can't believe that the holidays are almost upon us. I am ready, but it goes so fast. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Liz R.
on 12/17/08 8:55 pm - Easton, PA
Good luck with the ultrasound today!! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby? Hope all is well!

So exciting!!!!!

Liz
dit657
on 12/17/08 8:59 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everybody - have been catching up with all the wonderful posts - especially from Karen and Shilpa and how wonderfully things are working out for them right now - they both needed and deserved the breaks they've gotten. Maybe with the economy the way it is and all the bad news this year the good news will be small victories for people like them - you go, girls!!

I had 2 small 'victories' of my own last night - finished my Christmas shopping and got bargains to boot, so that was great, and then I called the Jury Duty hotline to see if I had to report today and they didn't need any jurors, so I was able to get out of that - Merry Christmas to me!! I was really dreading wasting the whole day - I know its an honor to serve and all, but I've never been called and this close to the holidays it was just a nuisance.

I'm also feeling a lot better - stomach is coming back to normal - still carrying around a bit of a cold but its also easing and will hopefully be gone by the weekend.

Been watching the weekend weather and it looks like a snowy day Sunday, so I think I'll scout down some sugar-free cookie recipes for the holidays and plan on doing some baking on Sunday!

Hope everyone has a great day - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 12/17/08 9:02 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning LIz!!

Well despite being up till well after 1am...I was out of bed before 7:30.  But that's ok...just an excuse to take a nap before work tonight!

In the meantime, I need to finish cleaning up the kitchen from yesterday's baking extravaganza (sp?) and need to make one more very simple cookie today.  I also need to do some laundry while I'm doing all of that.

Then it will be to work...for only one night!!  Whoo hoo!!  We are leaving for Jersey sometime tomorrow and will be there until Saturday night.  I get to see my extended family which is awesome, too.

Nothing to out of the ordinary for me today!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 12/17/08 9:39 pm - PA
Please keep an eye on that and at the first sign go.  :0)  We want you healthy and happy!

k
keri2008
on 12/17/08 9:44 pm - PA
Today finds me ruminating about yesterday.  Yesterday was a horrible day and I had my first post-op "binge."  Not really because comparatively speaking it was nothing to what I used to do but it scared me.  The desire to binge.  Which as luck would have it was followed by a therapy session.  Where we talked about it in detail.  Lots of insight was revealed.  Not much of it "felt" good and it made me mad at myself and sad.  I know this is a journey (WLS) and not a destination but it was disheartening.  To say the least.  And of course that whole mental habit pattern of saying "See, you ruined it" popped up and felt yucky.  But hey, at least I'm conscious and aware of what's happening now and trying to "witness" without judgement so I can accept myself.  Where I'm at.  Now.  So, today finds me processing all that.  And repeating positive affirmations that my kids will be fine and get over this stage (being in their late teens/early 20's).  ROFL.  I hope everyone has a peaceful, relaxing day.
Pam Hart
on 12/18/08 1:01 am - Easton, PA
The mental aspect of this journey is the hardest to get through and takes a very very long time...and there's no real end to it.  What is good is that you recognized your behavior and identified why you were acting on that behavior.  And it's also good that it frightened you - because it should.  That fear, however, instead of being a negative, is now a positive, in order to get you to act and change future behaviors.

When you find yourself about to eat, any time, try to make a conscious effort to ask WHY you are eating.  If it is your scheduled meal time, and the food you are about to have is within your guidelines then that is acceptable.  If the answer is anything but that, you then need to ask yourself why you are eating (What are you feeding?  Emotions?  Stress?  Boredome?  Celebration?) and why you are eating the choice food.  You will not be perfect, none of us are.  And that's ok too.

And I was once told to not feel "bad" about it any more and to readjust those "you ruined it" thoughts...because that can lead to a vicious cycle...you eat, so you feel bad, you feel bad, so you eat etc etc etc.  Instead tell yourself you messed up for that snack, meal, whatever...and instead of the whole day and coming weeks being "messed up" the next meal can be the correct choice.  This has NOT been easy for me to do.....but I am getting there.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 12/18/08 2:49 am - PA
Thanks Pam.  Copied my post and your response.  Pasted it in word.  Printed it.  Will carry it around.  "Catching" myself is what I'm working on so that I don't let it get that far.  So I can do the journaling/questioning (what are you feeding).  I appreciate your insight.

k
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views