Help! I need a recipe!

Liz R.
on 12/17/08 8:02 pm - Easton, PA
I know I know I am usually posting them - but I am in need of a killer chocolate cake recipe? Anyone have one? If not I will spend the weekend in the kitchen coming up with one!

Thanks!

Liz

PS - It can be non WLS friendly it is for Christmas, I can always just substitute diabetisweet for sugar - which my local Target didn't have
NANCYL
on 12/17/08 8:23 pm - PHILA, PA

Liz,
I have one!
It is an old one from my Grandmom, I am going to have to post later this afternoon. This morning has me going to have bw drawn and my glucose test( which I have NO IDEA how I am going to do this it has 55 grams of sugar) Ob said I must do it!

Anyway cake is EASY.. I will give you most of the ingred you will need to buy (it is NOT WLS friendly)
! yellow Duncun Hines cake mix, 1- vanilla instant pudding, 1- box of nestle choc chips, 1-bar of Bakers semi sweet choc.
I will post the rest later.
eggs, milk ,sugar etc and it usually bakes in a bun pan.

Nancy 

preview image
Liz R.
on 12/17/08 8:26 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Nancy! Good luck with the test! Sorry you have to endure that! Guess that beautiful baby will be worth the dumping in the long run!
shoutjoy
on 12/17/08 8:24 pm - Culpeper, VA
I do! I think.  I will have to look for it.  It is a three layer semi-sweet chocolate cake.  Takes awhile to make but very good.  I will send it to you later if you still want it.  There is also tunnel of fudge cake, if I can find that one, I will send it.

Paula

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Pam Hart
on 12/17/08 9:10 pm - Easton, PA
Liz,

The two other offers sound great already.

If you are in a pinch...on the back of the unsweetened hershey's coco powder there is a recipie for a chocolate cake that is totally awesome,and very easy.  It is not a dense chocolate cake, though...it is, however, super super moist.

Have fun!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/17/08 9:12 pm - Easton, PA
that sounds right up my alley. I am making a chocolate layer cake with green mint icing - it is my favorite and I have yet to make a killer chocolate cake post-op so I thought that I would see what you all have up your sleeves! I always just used a box mix but that sugar would kill me just mixing the batter!

Thanks!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 12/17/08 9:16 pm - Easton, PA
It's not WLS friendly...but I'm guessing diabeti sweet might work in it....although....the only experience I have with the diabeti sweet is your recipie.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 12/17/08 9:21 pm - Easton, PA
OK thanks! I have found that the d.s. asks just like real sugar so I am curious to see how it does in a cake! I'll report back after I make it this weekend.
NANCYL
on 12/18/08 9:35 am - PHILA, PA

Liz,
As promised from earlier this morning:

Chocolate Chip Cake
1 package of yellow Duncan Hines cake mix
1 package of vanilla instant pudding(small box)
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup margarine
1 bag toll house semi-sweet morsels

Mix first 5 ingred in a bowl until moist beat about 5 mins.
Mix in chopped morsels ( I use a chopper you can you a blender just dont make them too fine.
Grease pan (tube or bundt pan work best)
Bake for 50-55 minutes on 350 degrees

shave bakers semi-sweet with a pototoe peeler on top .
I sometimes use powder sugar instead.

ENJOY
This is a favorite in my family my grandmom was a excellent cook and baker she did everything by hand but this was one easy cake for her because it was using boxed things.

Sorry it took me so long to reply had my glucose test today at  9:30
I am happy but sad to report NO DUMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but I did have the drunk and stupid feeling and I fell asleep while I was waiting my hour to have my blood drawn. I rest of the day has been a blurr I havent been hungry and very tired.

however baby ALAINA seems to enjoy it she has been jumping since 930 this morning.
I think I have decided on her name ALAINA SOPHIA or ALAINA FRANCESCA what does everyone think?????????????? She will be her before I know it.
Nancy

preview image
Pam Hart
on 12/18/08 6:08 pm - Easton, PA

Congrats on finding out it's a girl.

It sounds like that tired feeling may be left over from the sugar stuff....perhaps not full blown dumping.  Just keep telling yourself the baby stopped you from dumping.  No need to eat sugar any how...

Anyway.....I personally like Alaina sophia.  I think Alaina is a beautiful name.  Personally not a big fan of the name francesca....but then again....(and I mean this in a loving way cause you are awesome!!) it's not my kid so what the hell do I care?  LOL

Have fun!!

Pam

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views