Protein Powder

MAMA2TWINZ
on 12/17/08 5:04 am - COLLEGEVILLE, PA
So I purchased the Nectar Cherry and the unflavored protein powder from barix....I cannot stand the taste of either of them and cannot return them as I took about a scoop out of each of them.....If anyone lives around the Collegville, or montgomery county area and would like them please let me know...I hate to see them go to waste and they are taking up way too much space on the counter!! 
HopefulFuture
on 12/17/08 6:01 am - Boston, MA
I'm sorry Jackie, I don't live near you (I'm actually all the way in Boston!) and I'm not sure I could stomach the Nectar Cherry either ;) but what have you tried using the unflavored protein powder in?  I'm assuming the one you got is called Any Whey, right?  Here's what I mix with Any Whey:

1 cup skim milk
2 tbsp General Foods International French Vanilla Cafe Coffee Mix (Decaf and Sugar-Free)
1 scoop of Any Whey
4 ice cubes
Blend together for 45 seconds 

I've been able to tolerate that just fine...I taste the coffee more than the Any Whey.  Maybe give this a try?!?!

Lisa :)  

MAMA2TWINZ
on 12/17/08 8:22 pm - COLLEGEVILLE, PA
Thanks for the recipe!  Sounds good to me.....I don't know what it is about the unflavored, but I have been able to pick up the taste in all that I have tried.....I have been doing good with the ispoure chochlate but it seems to give me a dry mouth after I drink it?  Other then that, no complaints!!!
HopefulFuture
on 12/18/08 1:50 am - Boston, MA
You are very welcome!  Any Whey claims to be "virtually tasteless" ;) -- I know some people can still taste it, but I honestly taste it very little in that protein shake recipe I gave you...maybe give it a try -- you might like it ;)

tammypa
on 12/17/08 9:53 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hijack!

Lisa - love your new avatar.

Tammy
HopefulFuture
on 12/18/08 1:51 am - Boston, MA
Thank you SO much, Tammy!!!

I'll definitely be thinking of you tomorrow :)

GD_007
on 12/17/08 11:04 am - Drexel Hill, PA
me me me me me....I'll take them.  Can swing over this weekend???
-GD
MAMA2TWINZ
on 12/17/08 8:21 pm - COLLEGEVILLE, PA
Hello, sorry for the delay in getting back to you...........stinkin' comcast had a huge outage in our area last night....ugghh.  Let me know when you think you could grab it and we can make arrangements!!!
GD_007
on 12/17/08 9:44 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Ya that stinkin' Comcast....I know, though, that they really work hard to keep their customers very happy.  So please do call the customer service number and explain how much of an inconvience it was.  The rep should be authorized to give you some type of "we apologise for the inconvenience" reward.

I'll send you a Private Message (PM) through this system with my contact info so we can take our discussion off the public board in into our email boxes/voicemails :)

Thanks!!
-GD
GD_007
on 12/19/08 9:08 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views